"What is in a name?" Kudus by Goldenboy
Kudus Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 58 photos
May be for some, a name will do nothing. But thats not for this city. The name Kudus comes from the arabic words, Al Kuds, which means holy. As it is a tradition in Islam, before building a city or area, they built a mosque. With that, its aclaimed that Kudus founded on 1 Ramadhan 956 H, or 23 September 1549, by Ja'far Shidiq or known as Sunan Kudus. It is located 55 km from Semarang.
This city is also wellknown as the birthplace of Kretek (clove) cigarettes.
- Pros:It's old and historical.
- In a nutshell:Beginning of Islam in Java
While walking thru the gate behind the mosque and around the graveyard, you will smells some special fragrance. That is... more travel advice
Many toko oleh-oleh (souvenir/gift shops) have it. I d like to describe Jenang as something like sweet sticky thick gel.... more travel advice
Goldenboy's Related Pages
Kudus Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What is in a name?"
- "Kudus, town and regency"
- "WELCOME to KUDUS"
- "Kudus - Temple Beyond Bali"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kudus
- Hotels in Kudus
- Transportation in Kudus
- Restaurants in Kudus
- Shopping in Kudus
- Warnings and Dangers in Kudus
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kudus
- 18 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Kudus?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kudus
Photos in KudusSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Yogyakarta Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos
- Jakarta Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 27 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bandung Intro, 30 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bali Intro, 18 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cologne 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuta Intro, 16 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kudus Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Düsseldorf Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Ubud 10 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue