"Stride boldly in the direction of your dreams." skullcrusher's Profile
I was born in Oklahoma and lived there until I graduated high school. After high school I moved to Kansas and lived there for a couple of boring years. Eventually I joined the Army and traveled to a couple of places internationally. I also spent two years in Texas. After a handful of years I ditched "Uncle Sam" and moved to Colorado where I based for nine years while traveling about. Afterwards, I relocated to California. I still travel quite a bit for leisure & at times for work also.
Fortunate to have the time and resources - I've done what I can to see as much of the world as possible. I love being exposed to cultures that are different than what I am used to and I truly believe that traveling is perhaps the best form of education that any person can undertake.
Posting my experiences and impressions about my travels to different locations is a continual work in process, thus I update and revise on occasion. I add further comments, plus anecdotes in different sections little by little. I have recently started to update as many travel pages as possible. I'll mostly be changing old photos to higher resolution images in addition to putting nice photos on many pages that never had any before. In the meantime; my travels continue .........
COUNTRY COUNT : I've been to 57 countries so far. :-)
My count should increase little by little as the years pass by.
WHERE IS "THE SKULL?": I´m in Europe for a few weeks, enjoying the nice weather. Plan to hit Spain, Germany and maybe another country if I get the chance.
I now live in Oakland, CA! The part of town I stay in is a colorful neighborhood known as Fruitvale.
What I love about the Oakland & the Bay Area in general:
1. There's a lot of diversity in cultures.
2. Great nightlife.
3. Many good restaurants of all types.
4. Boat-loads of attractive ladies.
5. Excellent museums and artsy stuff.
6. Always something going on and things to do.
7. Mild climate and often excellent weather.
8. Right across the bay is San Francisco .... one of the hippest, coolest cities in the Union! And I go there all the time.
Annoying aspects of the Bay Area.
1. Rather expensive (though not as bad as some folks say).
2. Too many annoying beggars & bum types (GET A JOB).
3. Too much silly political correctness B.S. (HUG A TREE).
4. Occasionally there are those pesky earthquakes.
5. OK. The reality is that Oakland is one of the most dangerous cities in America. But that's only if you count the robberies, the gang violence, and all of the murders. Personally, I've never felt in danger here - though I'm used to traveling around in dodgy locations across the globe. There are actually some very nice & upscale places in Oakland. The crime-ridden neighborhoods are best to be avoided.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 97 Reviews
- 319 Photos
- 30 Countries
- 22 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- updated a San Francisco Travel Page "San Francisco"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Barcelona revisited"
updated their Profile Page "Stride boldly in the direction of your dreams."
- Wrote a Review Pachacamac, more ancient ruins to see! about Pachacamac in Lima Things to Do
- skullcrusher and icamarica are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Curitiba Forum "Re: Curitiba during Carnaval! ..."
PhotosSee All Photos (319)
Top 10 Pages
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos, 2 travelogues
- Naples Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Colorado Intro, 9 reviews, 5 photos
- Berlin Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Bulgaria Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Ecuador Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Madrid Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- New York City Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Curitiba Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22500 Reviews - 55076 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23331 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15645 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3100 Reviews - 5884 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10316 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26769 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos