"Stride boldly in the direction of your dreams." skullcrusher's Profile
I was born in Oklahoma and lived there until I graduated high school. After high school I moved to Kansas and lived there for a couple of boring years. Eventually I joined the Army and traveled to a couple of places internationally. I also spent two years in Texas. After a handful of years I ditched "Uncle Sam" and moved to Colorado where I based for nine years while traveling about. Afterwards, I relocated to California. I still travel quite a bit for leisure & at times for work also.
Fortunate to have the time and resources - I've done what I can to see as much of the world as possible. I love being exposed to cultures that are different than what I am used to and I truly believe that traveling is perhaps the best form of education that any person can undertake.
Posting my experiences and impressions about my travels to different locations is a continual work in process, thus I update and revise on occasion. I add further comments, plus anecdotes in different sections little by little. I have recently started to update as many travel pages as possible. I'll mostly be changing old photos to higher resolution images in addition to putting nice photos on many pages that never had any before. In the meantime; my travels continue .........
COUNTRY COUNT : I've been to 58 countries so far. :-)
My count should increase little by little as the years pass by.
WHERE IS "THE SKULL?": I have returned from SEA and am back in the USA for now. Had a good time, had some cool experiences & met some great people. Looking at visiting Europe this summer.
I now live in Oakland, CA! The part of town I stay in is a colorful neighborhood known as Fruitvale.
What I love about the Oakland & the Bay Area in general:
1. There's a lot of diversity in cultures.
2. Great nightlife.
3. Many good restaurants of all types.
4. Boat-loads of attractive ladies.
5. Excellent museums and artsy stuff.
6. Always something going on and things to do.
7. Mild climate and often excellent weather.
8. Right across the bay is San Francisco .... one of the hippest, coolest cities in the Union! And I go there all the time.
Annoying aspects of the Bay Area.
1. Rather expensive (though not as bad as some folks say).
2. Too many annoying beggars & bum types (GET A JOB).
3. Too much silly political correctness B.S. (HUG A TREE).
4. Occasionally there are those pesky earthquakes.
5. OK. The reality is that Oakland is one of the most dangerous cities in America. But that's only if you count the robberies, the gang violence, and all of the murders. Personally, I've never felt in danger here - though I'm used to traveling around in dodgy locations across the globe. There are actually some very nice & upscale places in Oakland. The crime-ridden neighborhoods are best to be avoided.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 98 Reviews
- 325 Photos
- 30 Countries
- 23 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Wrote a Review Mahboonkrong (MBK) - shopping & eating mecca. about Mah Boon Krong - MBK in Bangkok Things to Do
- updated a Thailand Travel Page "Thailand"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Visiting some sites in central Java."
updated their Profile Page "Stride boldly in the direction of your dreams."
- skullcrusher and icamarica are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Curitiba Forum "Re: Curitiba during Carnaval! ..."
Top 10 Pages
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos, 2 travelogues
- Naples Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Colorado Intro, 9 reviews, 5 photos
- Berlin Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bulgaria Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Ecuador Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Madrid Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- New York City Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Curitiba Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos