"Stride boldly in the direction of your dreams." skullcrusher's Profile

I was born in Oklahoma and lived there until I graduated high school. After high school I moved to Kansas and lived there for a couple of boring years. Eventually I joined the Army and traveled to a couple of places internationally. I also spent two years in Texas. After a handful of years I ditched "Uncle Sam" and moved to Colorado where I based for nine years while traveling about. Afterwards, I relocated to California. I still travel quite a bit for leisure & at times for work also.

Fortunate to have the time and resources - I've done what I can to see as much of the world as possible. I love being exposed to cultures that are different than what I am used to and I truly believe that traveling is perhaps the best form of education that any person can undertake.

Posting my experiences and impressions about my travels to different locations is a continual work in process, thus I update and revise on occasion. I add further comments, plus anecdotes in different sections little by little. I have recently started to update as many travel pages as possible. I'll mostly be changing old photos to higher resolution images in addition to putting nice photos on many pages that never had any before. In the meantime; my travels continue .........

COUNTRY COUNT : I've been to 57 countries so far. :-)
My count should increase little by little as the years pass by.

WHERE IS "THE SKULL?": Just got back from a couple of weeks in Brazil this February. Had a good time. It was warm but a bit rainy. Back in the San Francisco Bay Area now where it is cool & rainy. CanĀ“t complain, the weather in Northern Cali has been relatively dry this year.
- Skull!

I now live in Oakland, CA! The part of town I stay in is a colorful neighborhood known as Fruitvale.

What I love about the Oakland & the Bay Area in general:

1. There's a lot of diversity in cultures.
2. Great nightlife.
3. Many good restaurants of all types.
4. Boat-loads of attractive ladies.
5. Excellent museums and artsy stuff.
6. Always something going on and things to do.
7. Mild climate and often excellent weather.
8. Right across the bay is San Francisco .... one of the hippest, coolest cities in the Union! And I go there all the time.

Annoying aspects of the Bay Area.

1. Rather expensive (though not as bad as some folks say).
2. Too many annoying beggars & bum types (GET A JOB).
3. Too much silly political correctness B.S. (HUG A TREE).
4. Occasionally there are those pesky earthquakes.
5. OK. The reality is that Oakland is one of the most dangerous cities in America. But that's only if you count the robberies, the gang violence, and all of the murders. Personally, I've never felt in danger here - though I'm used to traveling around in dodgy locations across the globe. There are actually some very nice & upscale places in Oakland. The crime-ridden neighborhoods are best to be avoided.

• Intro Updated Feb 19, 2014

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
skullcrusher's Profile Photo

skullcrusher

“Sic transit gloria mundi.”

Real Name