"Albania" Albania by Skibbe
Albania Travel Guide: 2,062 reviews and 5,650 photos
I never imagined Albania would be a destination for me. I knew nothing about it except what was in Coach's song on "Cheers." But I was sent there for a couple of days to make a presentation and enjoyed it. It's a very poor country and still struggling to get out from its past but the land is beautiful, Tirana is a growing capitol, and it may become a popular vacation spot not too far in the future.
- Pros:Not overrun with tourists or multinational corporations yet
- Cons:Nothing is very well organized, not a lot of must see sights
- In a nutshell:Still has a little mystery that makes it an interesting destination
The only commercial airport in Albania is the Mohter Teresa/Rinas Airport in Tirana. It is not a very big or... more travel advice
Everything you always wanted to know about Skanderbeg! Actually, though my Albanian guide made fun of this museum for... more travel advice
Skibbe's Related Pages
Albania Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The sleeping beauty is awake & has 7 leagues boots"
- "Bukur Albania!"
- "In The Land of the Eagles"
- "The most adventuros destination in Europe."
- "The lost country"
- "Europe's Last 'White Spot'"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Albania
- Hotels in Albania
- Transportation in Albania
- Nightlife in Albania
- Restaurants in Albania
- Shopping in Albania
- Warnings and Dangers in Albania
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Albania
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Albania?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Albania
Top 10 Pages
- Iceland Intro, 26 reviews, 123 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jordan Intro, 6 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 18 reviews, 44 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 11 reviews, 45 photos
- Quito Intro, 11 reviews, 45 photos
- Peru Intro, 20 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 11 reviews, 43 photos
- Krakow Intro, 10 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 9 reviews, 42 photos
- Kochi Intro, 12 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue