"Delhi" Delhi by Skibbe
Delhi Travel Guide: 1,812 reviews and 4,688 photos
Delhi is a huge, crowded city of about 14 million and many of them are homeless. The city itself is not particularly attractive but it has some great sites and blends old and new India. From my first wild taxi ride from the airport to the hotel, I knew that Delhi had its own flavor.
Sarah McDonald's book "Holy Cow" is a fun book to read before coming here. She is an Australian journalist who lived in Delhi for two years, also traveling through much of India. Its funny but she also develops a deep love for the country during her stay.
- Pros:History, fast pace
- Cons:Pollution, crowds
- In a nutshell:No trip to India is complete without a visit here
Memorial to the Indians who died fighting for Britain in WWI. Not much to see here but you will meet lots of friendly... more travel advice
Built in 1656, it is the oldest mosque in India and the largest in Asia. I was not able to go inside when I was there... more travel advice
Skibbe's Related Pages
Delhi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Delhi"
- "Capital city of India Delle"
- "Like the cats, this city had seven lives"
- "Shahjahanabad, as old as its history ...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Delhi
- Hotels in Delhi
- Transportation in Delhi
- Nightlife in Delhi
- Restaurants in Delhi
- Shopping in Delhi
- Warnings and Dangers in Delhi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Delhi
- 5 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Delhi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Delhi
Top 10 Pages
- South Africa Intro, 18 reviews, 158 photos, 9 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 26 reviews, 123 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 20 reviews, 52 photos
- Livingstone Intro, 7 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Jordan Intro, 6 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 11 reviews, 45 photos
- Quito Intro, 11 reviews, 45 photos
- Peru Intro, 20 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 11 reviews, 43 photos
- Krakow Intro, 10 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues