"The further adventures of Oz" Scotland by DOUGALSMUM
Scotland Travel Guide: 13,317 reviews and 30,652 photos
My mum took my dad to Scotland for his birthday,as he had been raving about how beautiful it was ( he had visited the borders many tears ago)so naturally I went along too!
It was a very long journey from London, but we stayed in yorkshire and the lake district on the way up, so that broke the journey up nicely.
We eventually arrived at our accomodation at kinlochlochy near spean bridge on a saturday teatime after driving through torrential rain all day( boy when it rains in scotland it sure does rain), but our self catering lodge was lovely, mum had the fire roaring in no time and we eagerly looked forward to discovering the area.
(Some of these tips are written by my mum for humans)
- Pros:marvellous scenery,wonderfull food, friendly people
- Cons:Rain, rain and more rain-boy does it rain in Scotland!
- In a nutshell:take your waterproofs
As mentioned before ,Scotland is big-and there is an awfull lot to see, the best thing to do is to tour around spending... more travel advice
Whilst travelling in the Highlands you will probably pass through Glencoe, if you arent scheduled to pass through... more travel advice
Written Sep 27, 2004
Great Glen water park-Loch Oich cabins
Written Oct 13, 2004
DOUGALSMUM's Related Pages
Scotland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Scotland For The Brave"
- "Scotland Travel Tips - Scotland Edinburgh Orkney"
- "My Scotland page"
- "Alba, Caledonia, "God's Country"; this is Scotland"
- "Ben-UK's Scotland page"
- "Scotland, a sassenach's view"
- "BONNIE SCOTLAND"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Scotland
- Hotels in Scotland
- Transportation in Scotland
- Nightlife in Scotland
- Restaurants in Scotland
- Shopping in Scotland
- Warnings and Dangers in Scotland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Scotland
- 8 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Scotland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Scotland
Top 10 Pages
- Maldives Intro, 25 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lake Louise Intro, 11 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Aysgarth Intro, 9 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- North Yorkshire Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Scotland Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lake District National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 8 photos
- Estado de Yucatán Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cornwall Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Keswick Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Thornton-le-Dale Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
No friends yet.