"Oz goes to Aysgarth Falls" Aysgarth by DOUGALSMUM

Aysgarth Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 90 photos

Further adventures of a little yorkshire terrier

Although I am getting on a bit now, and am blind my mum still takes me to some wonderfull places in Britain that are fantastic for little dogs and better still for their mums and dads!!
I am ashamed to say that even though I am a proper yorkie and my mum is a proper "yorkshire lass"(yorkshire born and bred) we had never been to the beautiful countryside around Aysgath before. We had a wonderful time exploring, walking and eating in this beautiful area of the yorkshire dales.

get out and explore!

Aysgarth is situated in a beautiful part of the dales ( yes I know -all the dales are beautiful), near to the market towns of Hawes (famous for its wenslydale cheese factory of 'wallace & grommitt 'fame) amongst other things, and leyburn .
Within 3 miles is the picture-postcard village of West Burton which some people say is the lovliest village in Britain.
Bolton castle ( not to be confused with Bolton Abbey, which is miles away from here) is a four mile walk ( or short drive)
The whole area is peppered with various craft shops ( the 'teapottery' & candle factory etc). 7 there are walks of all lengths to keep you happy , weather you are a little yorky with short legs or a great dane!

• Pros:wonderful walks, plenty to see and do
  • Cons:lots of cow pats!
  • In a nutshell:if you booked a short break, you'll wish you had stayed a week.
  • Last visit to Aysgarth: Jul 2004
  • Intro Updated Aug 9, 2004

Comments

DOUGALSMUM

“LIFE IS NOT A DRESS REHEARSAL”

Badges & Stats in Aysgarth

Have you been to Aysgarth?

Latest Activity in Aysgarth