"Oz goes to Aysgarth Falls" Aysgarth by DOUGALSMUM
Aysgarth Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 90 photos
Although I am getting on a bit now, and am blind my mum still takes me to some wonderfull places in Britain that are fantastic for little dogs and better still for their mums and dads!!
I am ashamed to say that even though I am a proper yorkie and my mum is a proper "yorkshire lass"(yorkshire born and bred) we had never been to the beautiful countryside around Aysgath before. We had a wonderful time exploring, walking and eating in this beautiful area of the yorkshire dales.
Aysgarth is situated in a beautiful part of the dales ( yes I know -all the dales are beautiful), near to the market towns of Hawes (famous for its wenslydale cheese factory of 'wallace & grommitt 'fame) amongst other things, and leyburn .
Within 3 miles is the picture-postcard village of West Burton which some people say is the lovliest village in Britain.
Bolton castle ( not to be confused with Bolton Abbey, which is miles away from here) is a four mile walk ( or short drive)
The whole area is peppered with various craft shops ( the 'teapottery' & candle factory etc). 7 there are walks of all lengths to keep you happy , weather you are a little yorky with short legs or a great dane!
- Pros:wonderful walks, plenty to see and do
- Cons:lots of cow pats!
- In a nutshell:if you booked a short break, you'll wish you had stayed a week.
Although not in Aysgarth it is only a short distance away on the outskirts of Hawes.This is a lovely hotel, beautifully... more travel advice
These tea rooms are not located in aysgarth, they are a short drive away in Hawes-the chances are that if you are... more travel advice
DOUGALSMUM's Related Pages
Aysgarth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Aysgarth Falls"
- "Wensleydale waterfalls"
- "Thundering Waters"
- "Oz goes to Aysgarth Falls"
- "Nice Falls and Church"
- "Where Robin Hood cam to Yorkshire"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aysgarth
- Hotels in Aysgarth
- Transportation in Aysgarth
- Restaurants in Aysgarth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aysgarth
- 9 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Aysgarth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aysgarth
Top 10 Pages
- Maldives Intro, 25 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lake Louise Intro, 11 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Aysgarth Intro, 9 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- North Yorkshire Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Scotland Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lake District National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 8 photos
- Estado de Yucatán Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cornwall Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Keswick Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Thornton-le-Dale Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
No friends yet.