"The ideal Lake District town" Keswick by DOUGALSMUM
Keswick Travel Guide: 143 reviews and 329 photos
Keswick seems to be 'all things to all men', It is a big enough town to provide a few hotels , a couple of supermarkets, a few pubs, a tourist info office a very good saturday market. and a couple of lovely parks. Derwentwater itself is stunning with walks and ferry rides aplenty.It is a scenic little town with plenty to offer-there is even a theatre, but it never seems 'mobbed' like windemere, and it is very easy to walk just a couple of hundred yards and be back in peacefull scenery away from the crowds.
- Pros:big enough to provide plenty of facilities, small enough to stay peacefull
- Cons:even here will be busy in the hight of summer
- In a nutshell:come off season and enjoy keswick without the crowds (at its best)
If you are looking for self-catering accomodation in and around keswick then you can do no better than to contact... more travel advice
A Great way to pass a day is to do the circular walk around Derwentwater, I have read various reports that it isbetween... more travel advice
DOUGALSMUM's Related Pages
Keswick Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lake District - One of My Favorite Places On Earth"
- "Keswick - Queen Of The Lakes"
- "CUMBRIA - THE LAKE DISTRICT"
- "Keswick and Derwent Water"
- "Luxurious self-catering accomodation"
- "Keswick - Lake District"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Keswick
- Hotels in Keswick
- Transportation in Keswick
- Nightlife in Keswick
- Restaurants in Keswick
- Shopping in Keswick
- Warnings and Dangers in Keswick
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Keswick
- 4 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Keswick?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Keswick
Photos in KeswickSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Maldives Intro, 25 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lake Louise Intro, 11 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Aysgarth Intro, 9 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- North Yorkshire Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Scotland Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lake District National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 8 photos
- Estado de Yucatán Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cornwall Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Keswick Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Thornton-le-Dale Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
No friends yet.