Nara Transportation Tips by A2002 Top 5 Page for this destination
Nara Transportation: 23 reviews and 23 photos
There are several types of bus passes for Nara.
(i) One Day Pass (only for 'fixed fare zone' in Nara City)
Adult : JPY500
(ii) This Pass allows you to travel in Nara City('flat fare zone' only), Sahoji, Nishinokyo and Tono areas. Heijokyo Capital and Toshodaiji Temple are covered with this Pass.
Adult : JPY810
(iii) One Day Pass (Nara, Nishinokyo and Ikaruga Areas)
Adult : JPY1,600
(iv) Two-Day Nara Yamatoji Wide Pass
Adult : JPY3,150
For a map of the bus system in Nara, go to the following website. hmm.. seems like there's "Free rides" which I do not know of when I was there.. maybe you can check it out and tell me...
Sekai Isan Gurutto Pass
(A round trip pass to World Heritage sites)
This is a one-day pass which costs JPY800 and going to the following places:
Toshodaiji Temple - Yakushiji Temple - Suzaku-Mon Gate (Ruins of Nara Heijokyo Capital) - Nara Shiseki Bunka Center - Kintetsu Nara Station - Kofukuji Temple (Kencho Mae) - Himurojinja Shrine - Nara National Museum - Daibutsuden Kasugataisha Mae - Naka Shimizu Cho - Gankoji Temple - JR Nara Station
This sightseeing bus depart every 60 minutes.
We walked from JR station to visit the places of interest. We felt too tired to walk back on the hot and sunny day, so we took a bus back to the station. Remember to collect the ticket when you board the bus. Then give to the driver when you alight and pay for the ride. The transportation system is excellent in Nara too. There's a circle route around Nara.
There are two types of busses in Nara; one is front-embarking and rear-disembarking type and another is front-disembarking and rear-embarking type. For the former, the passengers pay their fare in advance when they board the bus. The fare is fixed throughout the service zones. For the latter, passengers take a numbered ticket when boarding the bus, and pay the fare according to the number on the ticket. The fare is indicated at the front display panel.
More Reviews (11)
A2002's Related Pages
Nara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of Japan's ancient capitals"
- "Rich Culture in the Countryside"
- "Nara - A historical City."
- "Deer Nara"
- "Nara - Ancient Japanese City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nara
- Hotels in Nara
- Transportation in Nara
- Restaurants in Nara
- Shopping in Nara
- Warnings and Dangers in Nara
- See All...
Explore the World
- Central & Eastern Thailand
- El Triunfo de la Cruz Hotels
- Ballyboden Hotels
- Dumbara Hotels
- Lomolomo Hotels
- Costa de Caparica Transportation
- Branson Transportation
- Chiavari Transportation
- Hameln Transportation
- METRA and South Shore Line (suburban rail network)
- Ennis Transportation
- Symi Transportation
- Geneva Airport Train Station
- Wuhan Transportation
- Kijal Transportation
- Haarlem Transportation
- Calama Transportation
Badges & Stats in Nara
- 14 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Nara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nara
Photos in NaraSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Johor Bahru Intro, 85 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 72 reviews, 58 photos
- Singapore Intro, 80 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 50 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dalian Intro, 46 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Loughborough Intro, 30 reviews, 28 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Bintan Intro, 29 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Japan Intro, 11 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kyoto Intro, 23 reviews, 21 photos
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos, 4 travelogues
Latest Nara hotel reviews