"My Trip to Japan in August 2002." Japan by A2002

Japan Travel Guide: 20,436 reviews and 57,769 photos

Japan gives me an impression of a cosmopolitan and very efficient country. I was impressed with the transport system, especially the train which is very efficient and punctual to the minute.

Generally, Japan is clean and safe. The Japanese are honest and hospitable people. I simply love Japanese food too. Japanese food is not just sushi, there are so many types of delicious food. I have enjoyed going to the food section of the supermarkets to see how they do business and taste some of them. yummy...

I visited Kyoto, Kobe, Osaka, Nara, Himeji, Tokyo and Narita. And also Tokyo Disneyland. :-)

Meeting with Eiji (VT member) in Kobe.

Me and my husband went to Kobe from Kyoto and met up with Eiji - mini VT meet.

We sincerely thanks Eiji for the unforgettable hospitality. Eiji took us for a dinner in a traditional Japanese restaurant. It was our first time experiencing a meal sitting on tatami mats. The Kobe beef was absolutely delicious and juicy.

After the delightful shabu-shabu meal, Eiji showed us the night scene around Kobe.

• Last visit to Japan: Aug 2002
  • Intro Updated Jan 15, 2003

• FelixB's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2005 at 1:26 PM

Great info! How do the passports work and does everyone get one?

• Kristina1701's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2004 at 3:58 AM

great page. what are pachinkos? casinos?

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2004 at 11:01 PM

Great overview! I loved your advice on how to tie the "string on the yukata!" Good tip to remember! ;-)

• Jan 8, 2004 at 12:01 AM

Great coverage of the Land of rising son.

• Klapmutsen's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2004 at 9:27 AM

Wonderful land, congratulation

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2003 at 11:47 AM

It would be a fine trip there, so unusual and attracting...

• KatieLouise's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2003 at 4:25 AM

Until I get to Japan (which I will) I read everything I can find and your pages were really good and the photos great. Thank you it was very kind of you to share your travels. K:-)

• canadacutey's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2003 at 3:29 PM

Amazing pics...you sure do get around.Well, keep it going, i look forward to seeing more.Cheers!

• phil_uk_net's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2003 at 4:28 AM

Of all the countries in the world, this one fascinates me probably more than any other. I really have to experience it for myself. Nice insight Lina and some useful phrases too!

• AyurinHiro's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2003 at 5:59 AM

Hehe, your hubby looks nice in the yukata clothes. :-) (And even Japanese people can't remember the rule for wearing it.Sometimes I ask elder people..) :-) Nice tip!

A2002

“Suffering can be overcome and happiness attained.”

Badges & Stats in Japan