"Loughborough - A Univeristy Town." Loughborough by A2002
Loughborough Travel Guide: 49 reviews and 67 photos
Loughborough, pronounced as "Luf-bra", is not my hometown, but where I am at the moment till 2004. I am born in Malaysia and was educated in Singapore for 17 years.
Loughborough is in the middle of England. It is within Leicestershire, in the Midlands, surrounded by 3 cities namely Leicester, Nottingham and Derby. These cities are within easy reach from Loughborough by the trains or buses. It is also surrounded by the peaceful countryside - Charnwood Forest, managed by the Charnwood Borough Council. Loughborough is also the home to the Great Central Railway and has the world's largest bell foundary and museum.
Good and efficient rail network will enable one to reach London in one and half hours. The proximity to the East Midlands Airport (EMA) provides further transportation to many parts of Europe, especially with the "no-frill" airline BMIbaby and Easyjet.
Loughborough is also a small University town with the "world-renowned" Loughborough University for its Physical education and Sports, and Engineering.
- Pros:Small town.
- Cons:Not much to see and do...
- In a nutshell:Drinking seems to be the only thing people here do in their free time.
You can get to Loughborough by train. Train services by Midland mainline and Central train runs to Loughborough. I... more travel advice
Have a picnic in Queen's Park on a bright sunny day. more travel advice
- See All Beggars in town.
- See All Party clothings in winter.
- See All Spring.
- See All Drinking in Loughborough.
A2002's Related Pages
Loughborough Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Loughborough - A Univeristy Town."
- "My Hometown"
- "Welcome to Loughborough (Luf-bra)."
- "Loughborough, Leicestershire"
- "Loughborough or Lufbra?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Loughborough
- Hotels in Loughborough
- Transportation in Loughborough
- Nightlife in Loughborough
- Restaurants in Loughborough
- Shopping in Loughborough
- Warnings and Dangers in Loughborough
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Loughborough
- 30 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Loughborough?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Loughborough
Photos in LoughboroughSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Johor Bahru Intro, 85 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 72 reviews, 58 photos
- Singapore Intro, 80 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 50 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dalian Intro, 46 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Loughborough Intro, 30 reviews, 28 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Bintan Intro, 29 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Japan Intro, 11 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kyoto Intro, 23 reviews, 21 photos
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos, 4 travelogues