Thunder Bay Hotel Tips by D_Shannon Top 5 Page for this destination
Thunder Bay Hotels: 1,299 reviews and 10 photos
Unique Qualities: This campground is perfectly situated for hikers and lovers of the great outdoors. Hiking trails are well marked and you can get a map at the campground. You can even rent a canoe to go out on the lake! There's lots to see and do nearby - just ask the park rangers. Also, they often have interesting workshops (for example: hiking, identifying wildlife, and traditional Native Canadian medicines). The park is well equiped with all the basic ammenities, toilets with showers, firewood (a little expensive), and a lovely gift shop. Take in a side trip to Silver Islet, home of many Northwestern Ontario legends.
Unique Qualities: Trowbridge campsite is best because it is connected by short hiking trails to 'the cascades', a favorite spot for swimming, sun-tanning and under-aged drinking. Also, it is very conveniently located near the city of Thunder Bay.
Directions: Just off highway 11-17, near the city of Thunder Bay.
Unique Qualities: This fishing resort offers wood cabins with all the ammenities as well as fishing boat rentals and fly-in fishing options. Also has a small beach with good swimming, a shared barbeque and bonfire pit, and a small pizza restaurant. Really friendly management.
Address: Eva Lake, about 4 hours northwest of Thunder Bay.
The Nor'Wester Best Western Hotel
Unique Qualities: It's pricey and you MUST have your own car, but the rooms are lovely and there are lots of ammenities (in-room coffee and hairdryer, swimming pool, gym etc).
Special rooms with hot tubs and fireplaces are also available.
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: 15 minutes outside Thunder Bay, close to the airport and downhill ski hills, and en route to the American boarder.
Other Contact: Highway 61 check their website a
Unique Qualities: If you're visiting in the summer, check into staying at the university dormitory. The rooms are spacious and the uni has a surprisingly good cafeteria - though hours are seriously reduced in the summer.
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Lakehead University, on Balmoral Street in the middle of Thunder Bay.
More Reviews (29)
- See All Hike the legend of the Giant
- The ONLY real way to get...
- See All The Inntowner
- How Thunder Bay got its...
- See All Mt McKay is well known as a...
D_Shannon's Related Pages
Thunder Bay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "KimberlyAnn's Thunder Bay Page"
- "Home is Where the Heart Is"
- "The forgotten part of Ontario"
- "Welcome to Thunder Bay"
- "A Trip To Fort William"
- "Welcome to Thunder Bay!"
- "Alphons new Thunder Bay /Ontario Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Thunder Bay
- Hotels in Thunder Bay
- Transportation in Thunder Bay
- Nightlife in Thunder Bay
- Restaurants in Thunder Bay
- Warnings and Dangers in Thunder Bay
- See All...
Explore the World
- Holiday Inn Marina Park Hotel-Port of Miami
- Sheraton Moriah Eilat
- Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel Paris
- Novotel Centre Hotel Abu Dhabi
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun
- Crystal Hotel Istanbul
- The Pan Pacific Resort Pangkor
- Hotel Jen Hong Kong
- Waikiki Shore
- Hyatt Regency Acapulco
- Victory Motor Inn
- Hotel Celeste
- Sofitel Saphir Palace Hammamet
Badges & Stats in Thunder Bay
- 34 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Thunder Bay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Thunder Bay
Photos in Thunder BaySee All Photos (28)
Read real reviews about Thunder Bay Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- South Korea Intro, 30 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 6 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thunder Bay Intro, 34 reviews, 28 photos, 4 travelogues
- Czech Republic Intro, 3 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 7 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Thailand Intro, 15 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Laos Intro, 15 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sorak-sanmaek Intro, 4 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 8 reviews, 27 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cambodia Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.
Latest Thunder Bay hotel reviews
- Prince Arthur Waterfront Hotel
- 114 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 22, 2013
- Victoria Inn
- 79 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 17, 2013
- Travelodge Hotel Airlane
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Valhalla Inn Thunder Bay
- 137 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Pineview Motel
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 1, 2010
- Munro Motel
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 30, 2012
- Superior Motel
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 22, 2012
- Best Western Norwester Resort Hotel
- 121 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Shoreline Motor Hotel
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 13, 2013
- Voyageur Motel
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Bob's Motel
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 8, 2011
- Landmark Hotel
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 2, 2013
- Econo Lodge Thunder Bay
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 22, 2013
- Sea-Vue Motel
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 8, 2012
- Days Inn Suites Thunder Bay
- 127 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013