"Brownsea Island by Chamsa" Brownsea Island by Chamsa
Brownsea Island Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 36 photos
Brownsea Island is situated in Poole Harbour and comprising 202 ha (550 acres). The island is heath and woodland, with magnificent views of the Dorset coast, miles of woodland paths and open glades and one mile of beach for bathing. 81 ha is a nature reserve, managed by Dorset Wildlife Trust, containing a heronry, a marsh and two lakes which are sanctuaries for wildfowl.
Lord Baden-Powell held the first Scout camp here in summer 1907. The island was transferred to the National Trust in 1962.
- In a nutshell:Birthplace of the Scouting movement.
Chamsa's Related Pages
Brownsea Island Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Brownsea Island
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Brownsea Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brownsea Island
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 30 reviews, 30 photos
- Manchester Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Augsburg Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Vienna Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Liverpool Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Florence Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Kiev Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- Würzburg Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
No friends yet.