"Augsburg by Chamsa" Augsburg by Chamsa

Augsburg Travel Guide: 223 reviews and 544 photos

Augsburg was founded 15 BC as a Roman military base. Soon after the fall of the Roman Empire the former “Augusta Vindelicorum” became Episcopal see. Because of important trade routes Augsburg flourished during the Middle Ages. Families like the Fugger and the Welser were one of the richest of their time. They lend kings and princes enormous amounts of money for their wars. The wealth is still visible in the splendour of the buildings.

• Last visit to Augsburg: May 1998
  • Intro Updated Dec 23, 2002

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2004 at 9:42 AM

I'll be in Augsburg next weekend for a conference. Must try to see the Fuggerei, at least. -- Greetings from Frankfurt.

• Henkster's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2004 at 3:20 AM

Great opening photo of that famous fountain in Augsburg!

• Alagator's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2004 at 5:03 AM

Good job. I lived in Augsburg for three years and you found places that I missed! Augsburg is an important historic city and deserves more tourists than it gets.

• chicabonita's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2003 at 6:18 AM

Wonderful pictures! I think the next time we'll visited my boyfriends parents we really have to make a trip to Augsburg. It isn't far anyway. Wonder why we haven't been there ...

• Imbi's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2002 at 3:51 PM

Your page is really convincing, I should plan a trip to experience beauty.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2002 at 6:33 AM

This pic of Patios of the Fuggerhauser reminds me of the interior courtyard of the palace in Krakow. Wonderful job on your page and pics.

Chamsa

“take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints”

Badges & Stats in Augsburg

Have you been to Augsburg?

Latest Activity in Augsburg