"Augsburg by Chamsa" Augsburg by Chamsa
Augsburg Travel Guide: 223 reviews and 544 photos
Augsburg was founded 15 BC as a Roman military base. Soon after the fall of the Roman Empire the former “Augusta Vindelicorum” became Episcopal see. Because of important trade routes Augsburg flourished during the Middle Ages. Families like the Fugger and the Welser were one of the richest of their time. They lend kings and princes enormous amounts of money for their wars. The wealth is still visible in the splendour of the buildings.
Built between 1914 and 1917 by F. Landauer and H. Lömpel in Art Nouveau style. Museum. more travel advice
The most important city gate. Here started the road to Italy. The tower on the gate was modified by Elias Holl, the... more travel advice
Chamsa's Related Pages
Augsburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The city of the Fuggers, Mozart and Brecht"
- "Opera in Augsburg"
- "Augsburg: Rich And Proud Imperial City"
- "Welcome to AUGSBURG"
- "City of Fountains and Roadworks."
- "From Moscow to Augsburg"
- "WELCOME TO MY AUGSBURG PAGE......:-)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Augsburg
- Hotels in Augsburg
- Transportation in Augsburg
- Nightlife in Augsburg
- Restaurants in Augsburg
- Shopping in Augsburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Augsburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Augsburg
- 14 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Augsburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Augsburg
Photos in AugsburgSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 30 reviews, 30 photos
- Manchester Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Augsburg Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Vienna Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Liverpool Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Florence Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Kiev Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- Würzburg Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
No friends yet.