"Punta del Este" Punta del Este by wanderlust23
Punta del Este Travel Guide: 98 reviews and 233 photos
I stayed in La Barra, a little community about 10km from Punta. Here, there were beautiful and pristine beaches, a lovely little seaside town, and gorgeous hotels and vacation homes. In the off season (September is still winter in South America) we were the only tourists to be seen. We were told that during the week between Christmas and New Year that La Barra is filled with tourists, almost all of them American.
Took a walk around the peninsula of Punta and saw the marina where the local fisherman brought in their catch and cleaned the fish in front of expectant (and fat!) sea lions. After this went to a lovely restaurant on the water for a seafood lunch.
I don't know why, but this hand buried in the sand is rather world famous. It is also rather large. If you stand next to it you are dwarfed by the size of the fingers. Not easy to miss, this hand is on one of the beaches across from the main bus station.
- Pros:Beaches, sunsets, people
- Cons:Very cold in September. Very cold and windy.
- In a nutshell:Gorgeous location and tourist destination in the small country of Uruguay.
wanderlust23's Related Pages
Punta del Este Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- " UNMATCHED PUNTA DEL ESTE "
- "Casa Pueblo"
- "Welcome to Shakermaker's Punta Del Este Page"
- "Punta Del Este"
- "Beautiful Punta"
- "Punta del Este"
- "A Visit To Punta Del Este"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Punta del Este
- Hotels in Punta del Este
- Transportation in Punta del Este
- Nightlife in Punta del Este
- Restaurants in Punta del Este
- Shopping in Punta del Este
- Warnings and Dangers in Punta del Este
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Punta del Este
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Punta del Este?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Punta del Este
Photos in Punta del EsteSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Seattle Intro, 40 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amiens Intro, 21 reviews, 18 photos
- Lille Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos
- Pays de la Loire Intro, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Granada Intro, 3 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 2 reviews, 20 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Beijing Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salamanca Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos