"London...My Home" London by JulesH

London Travel Guide: 23,502 reviews and 49,605 photos

London. I love it! Like every city in the World, there are good points and bad, but it's always been the place I want to live. I hope to show you the places I get up to and to give you my feelings about my favourite spots in the capital rather than the usual tips you can find in every guidebook ever written.

The square mile known as The City of London is the financial centre of this sprawling Capital, and everything beyond this is a collection of villages which, despite having now merged together, all have a very distinct personality. I live in Edmonton in North London and I have a separate page for this area.

In the centre there's lots to see (and spend your money on!) but there are also cheaper alternatives...after all, I live and work here and I can't afford to pay tourist prices all the time. I don't often stay in hotels, so this page is mainly designed to show you how I live my life here in London.

I love the centre of London for it's architecture, shopping and nightlife, and I'm very lucky to work right in the heart of things on Trafalgar Square. I never take it for granted as it's an inspirational area of London, but of course there are others to check out.

I have included quite a few restaurant tips and I have been very picky about the restaurants that make the grade. These are my absolute favourite places to eat and although these may not all be the cheapest places in the world they are definitely worth a visit if you can.

So, this is London according to a lifelong native. I hope my page helps you to make the most of your trip to my hometown.

Cheers

Jules xx

Fourth Plinth

The latest installation against the beautiful backdrop of the National Gallery

Classic T Square

Trafalgar Square taken from the front of the National Gallery

• Pros:Lively city with never a dull moment
  • Cons:Very expensive, especially in the centre.
  • In a nutshell:Essential
  • Intro Updated Jun 16, 2012

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2009 at 11:52 AM

Hello, Julia! Thanks for your comprehensive page about London!

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2008 at 8:17 AM

Thanks for the virtual tour, Julia :D Fantastic tips, the inside tips from local people are the best tips ;) I really want to visit London after reading your tips, couldn't make it this year, hopefully next year. Regína

• angel-eyes's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2008 at 6:53 AM

I like London because I speak English there

• Mar 31, 2008 at 4:28 PM

Great page with several 5 star tips tucked away there! Really interesting what you said about chocolate vending machines!!!

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2008 at 3:33 AM

My 20th visit to London will come in 3 weeks. I will be staying near Marble Arch UGS. Knowing your knowledge about restaurants. Do you know any good restaurants around this corner?

• marielexoteria's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2007 at 6:46 AM

Great tips that can only come from the know how of a local. Greetings.

• y2ketan2007's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2007 at 9:37 AM

Very useful page on London.I'll be visiting the city in April 08 and I'd like to read and make use of a lot of your tips here.Thanks.

• Stina274's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2007 at 2:58 AM

Excellent pages of London, great work!>>>>Stina//Stockholm

• Callavetta's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2007 at 9:21 AM

Julia, You've built the perfect London page here! Great job.

• spgood301's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2006 at 9:12 AM

Hi Jules, you have great tips here. I'm going to London next month, feel like I know my way around a little better now. Congrats!

JulesH Lives Here!

JulesH

“Travel to expand the experience and to live one little adventure after another. ”

Badges & Stats in London