"London...My Home" London by JulesH
London Travel Guide: 25,360 reviews and 57,324 photos
London. I love it! Like every city in the World, there are good points and bad, but it's always been the place I want to live. I hope to show you the places I get up to and to give you my feelings about my favourite spots in the capital rather than the usual tips you can find in every guidebook ever written.
The square mile known as The City of London is the financial centre of this sprawling Capital, and everything beyond this is a collection of villages which, despite having now merged together, all have a very distinct personality. I live in Edmonton in North London and I have a separate page for this area.
In the centre there's lots to see (and spend your money on!) but there are also cheaper alternatives...after all, I live and work here and I can't afford to pay tourist prices all the time. I don't often stay in hotels, so this page is mainly designed to show you how I live my life here in London.
I love the centre of London for it's architecture, shopping and nightlife, and I'm very lucky to work right in the heart of things on Trafalgar Square. I never take it for granted as it's an inspirational area of London, but of course there are others to check out.
I have included quite a few restaurant tips and I have been very picky about the restaurants that make the grade. These are my absolute favourite places to eat and although these may not all be the cheapest places in the world they are definitely worth a visit if you can.
So, this is London according to a lifelong native. I hope my page helps you to make the most of your trip to my hometown.
The latest installation against the beautiful backdrop of the National Gallery
Trafalgar Square taken from the front of the National Gallery
- Pros:Lively city with never a dull moment
- Cons:Very expensive, especially in the centre.
- In a nutshell:Essential
I nearly didn't write this tip, as this is one of the best, yet most accessible restaurants in London and I selfishly... more travel advice
If you are looking for a chic and relaxed restaurant in a great area which serves well cooked, beautifully presented... more travel advice
- See All A Great Football Pub
- See All London's best budget hotel?
- See All London Walks
- See All Oystercard
- See All Barnes Wetland Centre
JulesH's Related Pages
London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Current Home"
- "Maybe it's Because I'm A Londoner...."
- "Gor Blimey guv'ner...you'r having a larf......"
- "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner ..."
- "London, the capital of England"
- "When a man tires of London, he is tired of life"
- See All...
- Things to Do in London
- Hotels in London
- Transportation in London
- Nightlife in London
- Restaurants in London
- Shopping in London
- Warnings and Dangers in London
- See All...
Badges & Stats in London
- 43 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 201 Forum posts
- 136 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in London
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 43 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 23 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ibiza Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melilla Intro, 12 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kilimanjaro National Park Intro, 11 reviews, 24 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 8 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Luxor Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 16 reviews, 13 photos
- Cairo Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos
- Bordeaux Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos