"Snowdonia" Snowdonia by JulesH
Snowdonia Travel Guide: 159 reviews and 534 photos
The purpose of our trip to Snowdonia was primarily to climb Mount Snowdon in preparation for our trek up Kilimanjaro in Late September. I had never climbed a mountain before, large or small, so I was just looking to get some kind of climbing experience. I wasn't disappointed as the weather we experienced made the climb very challenging...even for my boyfriend who has climbed several large mountains before. I was a little disappointed that I didn't manage to get more pictures, but the driving rain, wind and fog meant that my camera never made it out of my rucksack once the heavens opened. Into the bargain, we've since been told by an Australian Rob met in Dublin who was on Snowdon the same day as us that Snowdon was actually closed to climbers on Sunday! The Snowdon Rangers were apparently on the North face waving people back down due to the adverse weather conditions and the train was cancelled. Unfortunately we were glued to the South face by high winds at the time!
There is one thing Wales is known for...the sheep are said to be VERY friendly ;)
- Pros:Beautiful scenery
- Cons:Sometimes inhospitable weather
- In a nutshell:Walking country
I hadn't been on a mountain before, but for some reason, I didn't think that mountain goats were indiginous to the UK.... more travel advice
from our campsite in Beddgelert it took us 2 hours on foot to reach the Watkins Path on the South side of Snowdon, which... more travel advice
JulesH's Related Pages
Snowdonia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Snowdonia National Park"
- "Snowdonia's Splendid Scenery"
- "Snowdonia Splendour"
- "SNOWDON CLIMB"
- "Buzzards shriek............."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Snowdonia
- Hotels in Snowdonia
- Transportation in Snowdonia
- Nightlife in Snowdonia
- Restaurants in Snowdonia
- Shopping in Snowdonia
- Warnings and Dangers in Snowdonia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Snowdonia
- 4 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Snowdonia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Snowdonia
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 43 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 23 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ibiza Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melilla Intro, 12 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kilimanjaro National Park Intro, 11 reviews, 24 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 8 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Luxor Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 16 reviews, 13 photos
- Cairo Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos
- Bordeaux Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
Latest Snowdonia hotel reviews
- Best Western Waterloo Hotel
- 164 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013