"the big apple" New York City by katmag
New York City Travel Guide: 15,888 reviews and 31,980 photos
The Empire State Building was designed in the Art Deco style of architecture. It's more than a quarter of a mile high, 103 floors with an observatory on the 86th floor. The building opened to the public in 1931.
1. The Empire State Building only took one year and 45 days to build. The cost of the building (without land) was only $24,718,000! (the onset of the Depression halved the anticipated cost of the building.)
2. In 1945 at the end of World War II, an Army Air Corps B-25 twin-engine bomber plane crashed into the 79th floor of the building in dense fog.
For New Yorkers who don't have a vacation home to escape to during the sweltering city summers, Central Park becomes a... more travel advice
This is an old monastery that I encountered on one of my many rambles. I love taking the train into the city and just... more travel advice
Written Nov 12, 2002
World Trade Center Site
Written Nov 13, 2002
Pics from around NYC
katmag's Related Pages
New York City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A NYC GYPSY AT HEART"
- "NYC: Everyday, Something new."
- "I Heart New York."
- ""I want to be a part of it ...""
- ". : New York City : ."
- "New York City"
- "Oh, how I want to be a part of it!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New York City
- Hotels in New York City
- Transportation in New York City
- Nightlife in New York City
- Restaurants in New York City
- Shopping in New York City
- Warnings and Dangers in New York City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New York City
- 10 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to New York City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New York City
Photos in New York CitySee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Brunswick Intro, 53 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Miami Intro, 17 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Key West Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Warsaw Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Krakow Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hel Intro, 12 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oswiecim Intro, 12 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gliwice Intro, 15 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue