"New Brunswick" Top 5 Page for this destination New Brunswick by katmag

New Brunswick Travel Guide: 59 reviews and 69 photos

I live, go to school, and party in New Brunswick. This place really has it all. It's a clean, growing city, with a downtown/professional area, and the university part of town. The train station is right downtown, walking distance from everywhere, and in half an hour you can be in Manhattan, Philly, or any town in between. New Brunswick is home to Johnson & Johnson world headquarters, the country's largest medical school, two academic hospitals, three professional theaters, and several four-star restaurants.

The main reason that most people come to New Brunswick is Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey. This university is huge. It has three campuses in New Brunswick, Newark and Camden. The one in New Brunswick is the largest, and is composed of five sub-campuses: College Ave, Douglass, Cook, Busch, and Livingston. I love it here, but it's not for everyone. It's a really buisy, big place, so people who don't really know what they want and who they are get lost here. Many people complain about Rutgers, but it is what you make it. If you are a fun, interesting person, then you will have a great time. That is all that there is to it.

• Intro Updated Jul 23, 2003

• iaint's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2008 at 12:23 AM

yes, I think i'd enjoy the cheerleaders more too; thanks for putting N Brunswick on the map for me

• Aug 19, 2006 at 4:30 AM

They charge for rice on the regular menu! This must be the only Indian restaurant on the planet that does this. Usually it is included. The food is not all that great.

• Dec 17, 2004 at 4:05 PM

hahaha I was thinking New Brunswick, Canada hahaha silly me! I saw an American flag... and then... nope this is not Canada ;-) good page!

• Hmmmm's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2004 at 1:34 AM

New Bruswick looks like a cute place. A FABULOUS restaurant section here Kat. Very impressive. SOme great artsy shots of your University too. ^.~ Cheers for sharings. Aaron

• quartinb's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2004 at 9:51 PM

neat htown... but rutgers couldn´ be that bad...!

• circeo's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2004 at 1:04 AM

Nice place and nice University...what a pity I'm already graduated!!! :))) c*i*a*o* from Italy

• kazander's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2004 at 7:58 AM

I spent a lot of time in your hometown...both my boyfriend and my sister went to Rutgers! Great tips!

• Knoto's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2004 at 11:41 AM

Interesting Hometown...

• Azzuri's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2003 at 10:53 AM

Great summary of attractions, Kat ! It is probably the most active town in Central Jersey and it is great to live next to it. I did not know NB still has a night club after Melody was closed in 2001.

• marca's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2003 at 12:53 PM

/Went to the Old Bay last week (9/30/03) and it was great! Fantastic beer selection.

katmag Lives Here!

katmag

“I am for you what you want me to be at the moment you look at me in a way you've never seen me before: at every instant.”

Badges & Stats in New Brunswick

Have you been to New Brunswick?

Latest Activity in New Brunswick