"GLIWICE" Gliwice by katmag

Gliwice Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 66 photos

This is where I grew up! All my childhood friends still live here, and I visit them every year. Gliwice is in the south-west region of Poland called Slask, or Silesia. This area is known for its coal mining industry, so as you're coming here in a train, don't be surprised at the arcrid smell and the unfamiliar views out the windows. The nature here isn't much to look at, but this industrial area is very important and influencial in Polish history. There's a lot to see here.

• Last visit to Gliwice: Dec 2001
  • Intro Updated Dec 6, 2002

Travelogues (1)

• Nov 7, 2010 at 7:32 AM

Closed. Probably for ever.

• Oct 3, 2007 at 10:30 AM

What? Piast? What about TESCO?? And many many other smaller shops in neighborhood ?

• davlaurjen's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2007 at 2:31 PM

Klucze means key.How did the town get its name.My uncle and cousin,from Knurow and Stanowice,took us to a lovely restaurant,like a hunting lodge with stuffed animal heads,and a mini-zoo.

• mignonne's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2004 at 2:39 AM

I liked Gliwice alot;-) btw nice page:) Greetings from Singapore!

• paulstag's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2003 at 7:20 AM

Gliwice is a fabulous little town with even more fabulous people. Drank enough beer to sink a battleship in the Rynek summer of 99, when working there. Lovely people in Poland.

• May 13, 2003 at 8:38 PM

There's no place like [your old] home - where wonderful memories last a lifetime! :-)

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2003 at 6:33 PM

Nice page, looks like a nice place to grow up in!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2003 at 6:32 PM

That is a lovely town to grow up, and a great place to return to regularily from the wide world...

• Jan 29, 2003 at 3:46 PM

Really nice photos! I live here, but I prefer to stay in Wroclaw

• Ben-UK's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2002 at 12:33 PM

Nice page - thanks. Just visited once - went by train from Katowice, but could only stay a few hours - hope to see more next time.

katmag

“I am for you what you want me to be at the moment you look at me in a way you've never seen me before: at every instant.”

Badges & Stats in Gliwice

Have you been to Gliwice?

Latest Activity in Gliwice