"GLIWICE" Gliwice by katmag
Gliwice Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 66 photos
This is where I grew up! All my childhood friends still live here, and I visit them every year. Gliwice is in the south-west region of Poland called Slask, or Silesia. This area is known for its coal mining industry, so as you're coming here in a train, don't be surprised at the arcrid smell and the unfamiliar views out the windows. The nature here isn't much to look at, but this industrial area is very important and influencial in Polish history. There's a lot to see here.
This is the restaurant of Hotel Diament. It's a really beautiful historic hotel located within walking distance of the... more travel advice
If you like horse back riding, you can do it for relatively cheaply in Poland. You will have to sniff around - there's... more travel advice
katmag's Related Pages
Gliwice Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gliwice - The pearl of Upper Silesian region"
- "Off the tourist trail"
- "Gliwice - Habitat for Humanity GlobalVillage Build"
- "Place like no other ..."
- "A week in Poland"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gliwice
- Hotels in Gliwice
- Transportation in Gliwice
- Nightlife in Gliwice
- Restaurants in Gliwice
- Shopping in Gliwice
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gliwice
- 15 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Gliwice?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gliwice
Photos in GliwiceSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Brunswick Intro, 53 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Miami Intro, 17 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Key West Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Krakow Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Warsaw Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hel Intro, 12 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oswiecim Intro, 12 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gliwice Intro, 15 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue