"HEL" Top 5 Page for this destination Hel by katmag

Hel Travel Guide: 69 reviews and 193 photos

HEL (close up)

Hel is a beautiful little fishing town that has turned into a vacation getaway for Polish people. It is a relaxing place with very reasonable prices and a beautiful beach. Here you can see the town on the one side of the peninsula, and the forest that you have to walk through to get to the beach on the other side. The walk takes about 20 minutes. In terms of the town, it is really composed of only one main street; Ul. Wiejska. On this street are the majority of the Inns, hotels, shops, and restaurants of the town.

Map of Hel

It's at the very tip of the Peninsula. It can be reached by car, or by train (the town itself is tiny, everything is walking distance, and people like to walk in the streets, so a car is more hassle than it's worth). You can also take a ship or ferry from Gdynia, Sopot, or Gdansk.

• Last visit to Hel: Aug 2002
  • Intro Updated Mar 5, 2003

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2004 at 4:34 AM

Think I would love this little place. Thanks for introducing me to it. Good thing you warned us about that hotel. I couldn't keep my patience with that, I'm afraid. And with such a name!?

• mjm716's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2004 at 3:18 PM

Thanks for pointing out what looks like a gem! I love yr country and am glad you seem to feel the same about my birthplace! ;) Na Zdrowie

• tommix's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2004 at 3:04 AM

Czesc! Great tips and pics! Keep them coming! :))

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2003 at 4:07 PM

very nice page from an interesting country.

• lichinga's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2003 at 9:25 AM

Absolutely a complete page, with lots of important information!

• kaipow's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2003 at 9:05 AM

Hahaha! Tell us how you really feel about Hotel Riviera! Enjoyed your travel tips and pics!

• Maggies's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2003 at 2:36 PM

It's been forever since I was there. Funny about the nighlife, in places like this you always need somebody who knows where to go. No wonder there are no foreign tourists here... All in all who wants to go to hell?

• Ben-UK's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2003 at 10:34 AM

Very good page - shame about your hostel ! I went to Hel a few years ago, just for the day from Gdansk - really enjoyed it - would like to have stayed longer.

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2003 at 12:18 PM

I can't think of any more clever lines about "Hell", Kat. I'll just say that your page was an entertaining moment for me here on VT. Nice job.

• gale.blog.pl's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2003 at 12:12 PM

Welcome to Hell! ;))) Great page on this wonderful place. I'm looking forward to sein Hel again. And your page brings back good memories!

katmag

“I am for you what you want me to be at the moment you look at me in a way you've never seen me before: at every instant.”

Badges & Stats in Hel