"Wonderful Chiemsee" Prien am Chiemsee by Henkster
Prien am Chiemsee Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 59 photos
Bavaria has many beautiful lakes - and the Chiemsee is the biggest one, often called "Das Bayerische Meer" ("The Bavarian Ocean"). It is huge with 3 islands.
On the Fraueninsel stands a monastry and on the bigger Herreninsel a Baroque palace, built by Ludwig II. (Schloss Herrenchiemsee).
Prien is a cute little Bavarian town on the Eastern shore, with Biergartens, lots of boats to rent and a typical Bavarian atmosphere.
You can hike around Chiemsee - but that will take it while, it is 60 km (40 miles)!
- Pros:A lake with islands, mountains and lots of culture
- Cons:not cheap
- In a nutshell:Biggest lake in Bavaria and a holiday paradise
Don't miss to take the Ferry boat to the "Herreninsel" - the huge island with the beautiful palace built by Ludwig II.... more travel advice
Henkster's Related Pages
Prien am Chiemsee Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Prien am Chiemsee - Germany"
- "Prien am Chiemsee"
- "Starting the trip on Chiemsee lake"
- "Wonderful Chiemsee"
- "Prien has a boat dock"
- "Prien, A Surprise"
- "A lovely stay in Germany"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Prien am Chiemsee
- Hotels in Prien am Chiemsee
- Transportation in Prien am Chiemsee
- Restaurants in Prien am Chiemsee
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Prien am Chiemsee
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Prien am Chiemsee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Prien am Chiemsee
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Munich Intro, 98 reviews, 139 photos, 12 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Bavaria Intro, 13 reviews, 11 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Landshut Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Verona Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Schloß Herrenchiemsee Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Würzburg Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos