"Famous Bavaria (Bayern)" Bavaria by Henkster
Bavaria Travel Guide: 12,315 reviews and 36,414 photos
Bayern (Bavaria in English) is by far the most popular state in Germany, as well as the most touristy and the richest one.
Rich not only in $$$ but much more:
Lakes, mountains, a nature paradise, rich cultural cities, amazing historic architecture (especially Baroque!!), royal castles and old traditions make this big state a fascinating and world-famous place.
Visited by over 20 million tourists each year, it draws tourists from all over the world, especially the part close to the mountains (Upper Bavaria, "Oberbayern" in German).
But since Bayern is Germany's biggest state, it consists of many parts. I can honestly say that all of the Bavarian regions are wonderful and worth a visit.
The capital city is Munich, which is Germany's most popular and most cultural major city - boasting architecture of all styles from Gothic and Baroque to Art Nouveau.
Bavaria is a paradise for hiking in the summer and skiing in the winter time. Also take some time to enjoy the huge and clean lakes.
- Pros:The most beautiful and (deservingly) most popular state in Germany
- Cons:The rest of Germany is always jealous!!!
- In a nutshell:Where Germany is truly beautiful and amazing - the best Germany-experience
Spring and Summer are Biergarten time in Bavaria! Everyone sits outside in the huge beergartens and street cafes and... more travel advice
The Bavarian architecture is unique. The houses are mainly made of wood, with lots of flowers and many are painted... more travel advice
Henkster's Related Pages
Bavaria Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bavaria - my home for 10 years"
- "2004: A Bavarian Beer Odyssey"
- "Magic Bavaria: when God created paradise :-)"
- "Bavaria - under construction"
- "Bavarian tours"
- "Websites Bavaria"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bavaria
- Hotels in Bavaria
- Transportation in Bavaria
- Nightlife in Bavaria
- Restaurants in Bavaria
- Shopping in Bavaria
- Warnings and Dangers in Bavaria
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bavaria
- 149 Reviews
- 204 Photos
- 129 Forum posts
- 13 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Bavaria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bavaria
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Munich Intro, 98 reviews, 139 photos, 12 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Bavaria Intro, 13 reviews, 11 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Landshut Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Verona Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Schloß Herrenchiemsee Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Würzburg Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (44)
Top Bavaria hotels
- Munich Hotels
- 4322 Reviews - 10032 Photos
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen Hotels
- 320 Reviews - 1105 Photos
- Nürnberg Hotels
- 932 Reviews - 3138 Photos
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber Hotels
- 585 Reviews - 1823 Photos
- Würzburg Hotels
- 384 Reviews - 1276 Photos
- Regensburg Hotels
- 252 Reviews - 812 Photos
- Fussen Hotels
- 95 Reviews - 332 Photos
- Oberammergau Hotels
- 56 Reviews - 199 Photos
- Frankfurt Hotels
- 36 Reviews - 79 Photos
- Aschaffenburg Hotels
- 20 Reviews - 51 Photos
- Mittenwald Hotels
- 81 Reviews - 295 Photos
- Vagen Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Berchtesgaden Hotels
- 283 Reviews - 828 Photos
- Kempten Hotels
- 66 Reviews - 251 Photos
- Ettal Hotels
- 61 Reviews - 150 Photos