Goa Warnings Or Dangers Tips by Dizzyhead
Goa Warnings and Dangers: 119 reviews and 70 photos
You will probably be offer to use and buy drugs from local and other people in Goa, but say no. Stay away from it. It is very hard penalities in India if you use drugs, and sometimes the police are corrupted and they work together with the drug dealer to make more income. The police income in India is very low, so they need to make some extra.
It can be very strong waves along the coast of Goa. I know it, so take care when you swim in the Indian Ocean. I hit my leg. And don´t swim with bleeding sores in the water. I saw many do it and they have no idea what they do!!!!! The sore can get infected in the water.
I did not use drugs when I was in Goa, but some friends smoked joints and so many other people do it. But the Indian police know it too. So sometimes they catch any tourist who smokes something illegal and then they take his/her money instead of giving the tourist a penalty. So, my advise is to stay away from drugs at all. Drink alcohol instead! The police doesnt make so much money at all in India, so it is a little extra income some of they have. No drugs, then you have less problems with the police.
Well, I don´t like to drive scooter, but if you rent one. Drive carefully and don´t drink and drive. For many tourists their vaction are not fun after an accident. Be also sure that you have an insurance. Many tourist from west drive on the right, it is difficult to drive on the left for you, and especially when all the roads arent good and they drive faster too. I would never drive here in India.
Well, I understand it can be frustrated when all salesmen want to sell things to you at the beach. I feel it so too. But they have to survive, but I will not warn that they are dangerous or that they steal. Just be prepared that they will "attack" you on the beach with their sales methods. It is up to you, of course, how you treat them. They are very friendly, at least the ones I have met.
If you find many cheap things and you buy it. Think and be careful how many extra kilos you have. In Goa you have to pay for every kilo!!!!! It can be a expensive gift you bought to mama!!!
Dizzyhead's Related Pages
Goa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Gem that's Goa"
- "Sun, Sand, & Shacks in Goa"
- "My Goa Experience"
- "GOLDEN GOA - WHERE FUN NEVER SETS !"
- "Just right..."
- "Succulence, Sun, Spices & Shacks - GOA!"
- "Baga, Goa - just a taste of India"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Goa
- Hotels in Goa
- Transportation in Goa
- Nightlife in Goa
- Restaurants in Goa
- Shopping in Goa
- Warnings and Dangers in Goa
- See All...
Explore the World
- Jaro Hotels
- Pigeon Forge
- Thiruvanmiyur Hotels
- El Yunque National Forest Hotels
- Garnich Hotels
- Puerto Villamil
- Taxi charges
- Bhutan Warnings and Dangers
- Marbella Warnings and Dangers
- Estado de Quintana Roo Warnings and Dangers
- Arequipa Warnings and Dangers
- San Juan del Sur Warnings and Dangers
- Simferopol Warnings and Dangers
- Postojna Warnings and Dangers
- Prince Edward Island Warnings and Dangers
- Maastricht Warnings and Dangers
- Krasnodar Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Goa
- 9 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Goa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Goa
Photos in GoaSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eskilstuna Intro, 505 reviews, 1813 photos, 29 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 238 reviews, 902 photos, 44 travelogues
- Sweden Intro, 267 reviews, 774 photos, 28 travelogues
- Södermanlands Län Intro, 69 reviews, 419 photos, 34 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 134 reviews, 221 photos, 10 travelogues
- Rönninge Intro, 67 reviews, 280 photos, 18 travelogues
- Sundby Intro, 41 reviews, 209 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Västerås Intro, 80 reviews, 156 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 86 reviews, 146 photos, 6 travelogues
- Kiev Intro, 3 reviews, 219 photos, 27 travelogues
Latest Goa hotel reviews
- The Kenilworth Beach Resort And Spa
- 319 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Sun Village
- 308 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 26, 2013
- Goan Heritage Hotel
- 125 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Marquis Beach Resort
- 96 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- Colonia Jose Menino Resort
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 9, 2013
- Aldeia Santa Rita
- 263 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Coconut Grove
- 90 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 31, 2013
- 181 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Clarks Inn Aguada Anchorage
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 11, 2013
- 65 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 9, 2013
- River Rays Resort
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Feb 27, 2008
- Hotel Gautam
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 19, 2013
- 244 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Elsewhere - The Beach Houses
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 3, 2013
- Dudhsagar Waterfalls- 11 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Massages- 9 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Calangute Beach- 17 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Water Sports- 8 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Fort Aguada- 15 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Old Goa- 37 Reviews, 73 Photos
- Anjuna Flea Market- 12 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Elephants- 15 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Baga Beach- 10 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Little Vagator Beach- 11 Reviews, 28 Photos
See All Goa Things to Do