"Operation Market Garden Tour – Overasselt" Overasselt by vichatherly
Overasselt Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 14 photos
After visiting the spectacular bridge at Grave we drove the short distance to Overasselt to take a look at the stunning parachute memorial. This was late in the afternoon of the first day of our three day road trip tour of the major bridges and landing zones of WWII Operation Market Garden.
This was Monty’s ambitious plan to end the war by Christmas and took place on 17th to the 25th September 1944.
I went on the trip with my brother-in-law Damian, who was also interested in going “A Bridge Too Far”. We were taking “Hell’s Highway” starting from Leopoldsburg and Lommel in Belgium and then into Holland and Eindhoven, Son, Best, Veghel,
Grave, Overasselt, Nijmegen, Groesbeek and then finally onto Oosterbeek and Arnhem.
vichatherly's Related Pages
Overasselt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Overasselt Page"
- "Operation Market Garden Tour – Overasselt"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Overasselt
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Overasselt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Overasselt
Photos in OverasseltSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 93 reviews, 174 photos, 3 travelogues
- Knebworth Intro, 33 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 26 reviews, 83 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chatham Intro, 37 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bilbao Intro, 23 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Donets'k Intro, 19 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 22 reviews, 54 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 22 reviews, 52 photos
- Bayeux Intro, 16 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues