"Mevagissey" Top 5 Page for this destination Mevagissey by vichatherly
Mevagissey Travel Guide: 58 reviews and 115 photos
My first visit to Cornwall was in the summer of 2009. We spent three nights in the really nice Greystones B&B. Megavissey is a small fishing town, just a few miles south of St Austell. It was once the centre of Cornwall’s pilchard fishery.
We used it as a base to explore the top half of Cornwall.
First night after checking in was spent enjoying the glorious tranquillity of the harbour, along with an ice cream and a decent meal in the Wheel House.
In the morning we walked to the Lost Gardens of Heligan and enjoyed the day walking around the vast grounds. We got the bus back!
Dinner was a really tasty fish and chip supper in the locally recommended Fountain Inn
In the morning we grabbed a takeaway breakfast and headed back to Newquay, after getting an early morning call that there were thirty basking sharks in the area.
We had tried to go out in a boat on the day before but there weren’t anymore heading out. Luckily we left my mobile number with them and they were nice enough to give us a call.
I was the cameraman on the boat trip, as I had hurt my foot and am not the most confident of sea swimmers at the best of times. Nicola, my wife, donned the wetsuit and joined the others in the sea with some of the biggest sharks we’d ever seen.
Fortunately basking sharks are strictly vegetarian.
- Pros:Relax in peaceful Cornwall
Spend some tme in the peaceful harbour and enjoy the views of the boats, the birds and the lighthouse...whilst eating an... more travel advice
It was a pleasure to stay with Valda & Mike, they made us extremely welcome. The room was lovely, very comfy bed. The... more travel advice
vichatherly's Related Pages
Mevagissey Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mevagissey, Cornwall"
- "Classic Cornish Coastal Village"
- "A Quaint Fishing village"
- "Mevagissey Harbour"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mevagissey
- Hotels in Mevagissey
- Transportation in Mevagissey
- Nightlife in Mevagissey
- Restaurants in Mevagissey
- Shopping in Mevagissey
- Warnings and Dangers in Mevagissey
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mevagissey
- 6 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Mevagissey?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mevagissey
Photos in MevagisseySee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 80 reviews, 143 photos, 3 travelogues
- Knebworth Intro, 33 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chatham Intro, 37 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bilbao Intro, 23 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Donets'k Intro, 19 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 22 reviews, 54 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 22 reviews, 52 photos
- Bayeux Intro, 16 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 16 reviews, 55 photos