"A Working Town" Potters Bar by vichatherly
Potters Bar Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 12 photos
I have been working in Potters Bar since 2002, and so I have become quite familiar with the town, but in a manner as acquaintance rather than as a best friend.
I wouldn’t say that there is much to do and see in Potters Bar as a tourist attraction, but the people are friendly, honest and hardworking.
One sad incident that the town is known for is the terrible train crash of May 2002, when seven people were killed.
Just before 1pm on May 10, 2002, a train derailed at high speed – nearly 100mph leaving part of the train wedged on the station platform. After the events in 2002 a memorial plaque was placed at the station dedicated to the seven victims who lost their lives.
In May 2011, Network Rail was fined £3m for safety failings related to the crash.
I have been out for a few lunches and after work adventures in most of the restaurants nearby to Mutton Lane and so I’ll give you an idea of what they are like.
- Pros:Good transport links to London
- Cons:It's a bit sleepy
This park, with it's two large ponds, is an lovely spot to chill out on a weekday lunchtime . If the sun is out get... more travel advice
We have been known to eat here quite frequently on a Friday night. It's never really that busy but the food and service... more travel advice
vichatherly's Related Pages
Potters Bar Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Potters Bar
- 7 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Potters Bar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Potters Bar
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Knebworth Intro, 31 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chatham Intro, 37 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bilbao Intro, 23 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 22 reviews, 54 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 22 reviews, 52 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 16 reviews, 55 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 30 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Milan Intro, 22 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue