"Isle Of Skye" Isle of Skye by vichatherly
Isle of Skye Travel Guide: 447 reviews and 904 photos
After having been on many trips abroad we decided, this year, to stay closer to home. It is often said that you don't need to travel thousands of miles to be in a place where you can really relax, have a great time and see some of the wonders of the world. So it was with our recent trip to the Isle of Skye.
We drove into Scotland and spent a week mainly on the beautiful and spectacular Isle of Skye, in June 2004.
Isle of Skye
We drove up from the England, left Derby at around 09.00, past Glasgow and stopped off on the frist night at a very picturesque, bed and breakfast on the banks of Loch Lomond. Arrived at around 15:30 and took a short look at our first Scottish castle, Balloch Castle
A splendid spot to get your bearings in Scotland.
Then it was across the bridge onto the Isle of Skye, staying for 4 nights in Portree, the main town on the Isle, at the excellent Givendale Guest House.
Even though the trip was made in summertime we were prepared for all weathers, as you can see from some of the photos in my tips and travelogue.
Crofting in Skye
Then it was off to Fort William for two nights.
We took a look at the Nevis range of mountains, including of course Ben Nevis as well as taking in Loch Ness and its famous monster.
- Pros:Spectacular scenery, breathtaking at times
- Cons:Be prepared for rain at any time
- In a nutshell:A beautiful place to relax and unwind with nature
The island of Eilean Ban lies in the shadow of the new bridge linking the Isle of Skye to mainland Scotland, and one... more travel advice
This is a great way to walk on water, but you'd better be carefull of the tides as you don't want to get stranded. Walk... more travel advice
vichatherly's Related Pages
Isle of Skye Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Flaite do'n Eilean Sgitheanach"
- "ISLE of SKYE"
- "An t-Eilean -- The Island"
- "Isle of Skye Travel Tips - Scotland Travel Secrets"
- "Over The Sea To Skye"
- "The Skye legend"
- "Magical Isle of Skye"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isle of Skye
- Hotels in Isle of Skye
- Transportation in Isle of Skye
- Nightlife in Isle of Skye
- Restaurants in Isle of Skye
- Shopping in Isle of Skye
- Warnings and Dangers in Isle of Skye
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isle of Skye
- 24 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Isle of Skye?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isle of Skye
- Posted in Travel London Forum "Re: what to bring"
- Commented on one of uglyscot's Isle of Skye travel pages
- Wrote a Review Ring Of Bright Water Visitor Centre in Isle of Skye Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Walk across the causeway to Oronsay Island"
- updated a Isle of Skye Travel Page "Isle Of Skye"
Photos in Isle of SkyeSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 81 reviews, 147 photos, 3 travelogues
- Knebworth Intro, 33 reviews, 90 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chatham Intro, 37 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bilbao Intro, 23 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Donets'k Intro, 19 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 22 reviews, 54 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 22 reviews, 52 photos
- Bayeux Intro, 16 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 16 reviews, 55 photos