Barcelona Sports & Outdoors Tips by vichatherly
Barcelona Sports & Outdoors: 100 reviews and 155 photos
Estadi Olimpic de Montjuic
The home of RCD Espanyol.
Built in 1929 and renovated for the Olympic games in 1992. It has seating capacity of 56,000.
I managed to get into the ground as they were preparing to play American football, Barcelona Dragons.
Address: Paseo Olímpico 17-19, 08038 Barcelona
Directions: on the summit of Montjuic. Bus 51 or Metro: Espanya, and then take the escalators
Theme: Sports Watching
Match night at the Nou Camp
Home of FC Barcelona.
A superb European stadium. I've been here three times now and have won drawn and lost.
I stood up at the very top, in the cheap seats, in 1994 when there was a crowd of 115,000. The terrace I was standing on was looking a bit sorry for itself and needed a deal of maintenance. I'm not sure the fence would have held us if United had scored. Fortunately for us we lost 4-0.
Second time I was a bit lower and along the side of the pitch. A much better view of a cracking 3-3 draw.
Finally I was nearly behind the goal with a great view of the two United late late goals, in our 2-1 Champions League Final 1999 win over Bayern Munich.
It now has a seating capacity of 98,000.
I look forward to going back.
Equipment: Not too much in the way of cover for the football fan so let's hope it not raining.
Address: Avinguda Aristides Maillol, s/n, 08028, Barcelona
Directions: Bus: Line 7, 15, 43, 67, 68, 74, 75, L12, L50, L60 & L62
Metro: Line 3 (leave at Maria Cristina or Les Corts) & line 5 (leave at Collblanc or Badal)
Phone: +34 93 4963600
Theme: Sports Watching
More Reviews (28)
vichatherly's Related Pages
Barcelona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Barcelona es bona..."
- "Seamandrew's Barcelona Page"
- "Truly Catalunya, Truly Spain"
- "The capital of County of Barcelona"
- "Barcelona,one of the most beautiful Spanish cities"
- "Addictive Barcelona"
- "BCN, a mediterranean capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Barcelona
- Hotels in Barcelona
- Transportation in Barcelona
- Nightlife in Barcelona
- Restaurants in Barcelona
- Shopping in Barcelona
- Warnings and Dangers in Barcelona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Barcelona
- 30 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Barcelona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Barcelona
- Posted in Travel Southampton Forum "Re: Places to eat and visit"
- Commented on one of riorich55's Barcelona travel pages
- created a Barcelona Travelogue "Two Night Trip in April"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Take a stroll to see the Arch Triumf"
- Wrote a Review Street Architecture about Art / Architecture in Barcelona Off The Beaten Path
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 94 reviews, 177 photos, 3 travelogues
- Knebworth Intro, 33 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 26 reviews, 83 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chatham Intro, 37 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bilbao Intro, 23 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Donets'k Intro, 19 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 22 reviews, 54 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 22 reviews, 52 photos
- Bayeux Intro, 16 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (19)
- Sagrada Familia- 473 Reviews, 1,064 Photos
- Las Ramblas- 182 Reviews, 301 Photos
- Parc Guell- 324 Reviews, 688 Photos
- Tibidabo- 53 Reviews, 104 Photos
- Casa Milà - La Pedrera- 187 Reviews, 358 Photos
- Barri Gotic - Gothic Quarter- 102 Reviews, 212 Photos
- Casa Batlló- 139 Reviews, 291 Photos
- Plaça Reial- 54 Reviews, 92 Photos
- Montjuic- 74 Reviews, 138 Photos
- Mirador De Colom - Columbus Monument- 93 Reviews, 167 Photos
See All Barcelona Things to Do