"Maisy" Maisy by vichatherly
Maisy Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 23 photos
We stopped here on the afternoon of day two of our four day tour of Normandy and the D-Day beaches.
The principal purpose of the trip was to visit the World War II beaches of Normandy. The beaches cover an area of over 60 miles and so we based ourselves in Bayeux, which put us in a fantastic central location.
We packed into our short stay the following villages and towns Arromanches-les-Bains for Gold beach and the Mulberry Harbour, Sainte-Mère-Église for the church, Utah beach and the US Airborne museum, Maisy for the batteries at Maisy and Pointe du Hoc, Colleville-sur-Mer for Omaha beach and the American Cemetery, Courseulles-sur-Mer for Juno beach, Bénouville for Pegasus Bridge and the Memorial Museum, Ouistreham for Sword beach, Merville-Franceville-Plage for the gun battery and Ranville for the CWGC Cemetery.
We took a look at the Musee de la Batterie de Maisy and the World Peace Statue Grandcamp Maisy, before going on to Pointe Du Hoc, the Musee D-Day Omaha Vierville, Omaha Beach and finally the Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial.
This is the site of a German Artillery battery that was the strategic target on D-Day for the U.S. 2nd Ranger... more travel advice
vichatherly's Related Pages
Maisy Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Maisy
- 3 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Maisy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Maisy
Photos in MaisySee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 91 reviews, 166 photos, 3 travelogues
- Knebworth Intro, 33 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chatham Intro, 37 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bilbao Intro, 23 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Donets'k Intro, 19 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 22 reviews, 54 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 22 reviews, 52 photos
- Bayeux Intro, 16 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 16 reviews, 55 photos