"Fargo" Top 5 Page for this destination Fargo by sketchyhand

Fargo Travel Guide: 103 reviews and 155 photos

Fargo? Who in the heck would visit Fargo? I lived in Fargo for 5 years as I attended North Dakota State Universities college of Architecture, and I can tell you that people just end up there. Then after the years go by you find yourself saying, how did I get here, and why? Fargo is plagued with a extreme lack of culture and interest. If you look hard enough you may come across glimpses of beauty and tid bits of intelligent forsight, but usually they fade away as quickly as they appeared. Fargo is a University town. With three major Universities in the area, the population nearly doubles during the school months. Fortunatly for Fargo since the only glimmer of life comes from the efforts of the student population as they support local music and small business. The permanent population subject themselves to endless strip malls, chain restaurants and suburban sprawl. Fargo is on a fast track to nowhere and it is getting there fast. Since I lived there long enough to explore the town and find the few rebellious examples of culture and interest, If you must spend some time in Fargo, I can possibly help you locate some meaningful activities to fill your time. I promise you, a good time has nothing to do with West Acres, so if someone mentions it as a place to be, don't believe um.

• Intro Updated Jun 10, 2003

• salihe66's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2006 at 5:42 AM

I love your description of how people just end up in Fargo. I've always said the exact same thing when people have asked me what in the world I'm doing here, of all places. Still, it *is* kinda nice here.

• zrim's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2006 at 7:55 AM

LOL And people think I was harsh on Fargo. Good work.

• pipsqueak's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2004 at 6:30 AM

An insightful and humorous look at area where I went to college. You take away the students, and it is a cold, flat, windy succession of strip malls. I used to work at Plains art museum as my work study job, it is an interesting place.

• travelife's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2004 at 6:29 PM

Great work on Fargo page...

• craic's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2003 at 4:03 AM

Lots of fun. Good tips.

• charlize's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2003 at 3:53 AM

I couldn't have said it better. Fargo is a whole lot of nothing. For shopping and dining..that's about it. No tourist attractions there. Just a city, that's it.

• angelis's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2003 at 3:16 AM

Alligator egg rolls? Mmmm...! Look forward to seeing more pics of your hometown.

• Lilasel's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2002 at 12:58 PM

Happy Birthday, Nick! Lots journeys in the future!

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2002 at 9:04 AM

nice to know more about Fargo than auto related ;-)))

• AndreasK's Profile Photo