"Guangdong - Canton" Guangdong Sheng by simcard

Guangdong Sheng Travel Guide: 2,020 reviews and 5,255 photos

Warm, Green, Colorful!

I love the local custom about shopping for flowers for Chinese new year. Everywhere is the world of flowers - What a colorful world! And since Guangdong is located in southern China, it has warm weather all year around. Even in winter, you can still see green leaves and colorful flowers everywhere.

• Last visit to Guangdong Sheng: Jan 2003
  • Intro Updated Jan 30, 2003

• Apr 26, 2009 at 3:27 AM

And now, in 2009, most cities in the Pearl River Delta have at least restrictions on motorcycles in their city districts, or sometimes a complete ban. And many motorbikes run on a fake or clone number.

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2005 at 7:28 PM

Yeap, Cantonese eat almost everything like you said :) However, I'm one Cantonese who is less adventurous when it comes to food :)

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2004 at 7:54 PM

Bravo! Great pages. Wonderful tips, especially the restaurants and the customs. Adore the flower photographs! Thanks.

• heywinks's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2003 at 9:15 PM

Being Cantonese, I agree with your comment! We do eat everything! But we cook it to perfection & it all comes out delicious. Even chicken feet & ox tail! :)

• shivan's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2003 at 12:39 AM

lovely page, I will visit someday

• Alain_Smeets's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2003 at 10:01 AM

I remember those restaurants from China and HK, just point your fish and then see them discussing if he’s ok or not. Great to watch. Great page and photos.

• Aug 23, 2003 at 8:51 PM

Prior to reading this page, I was unaware of Cantonese people’s eating preferences. I can’t help but to feel curious & highly interested.

• vigi's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2003 at 6:48 AM

Snake swimming in hotpot??? That's too scary! Those snake soup I ate are already cut & cooked. I don'y dare to see a live snake...

• TERRYANDERSON's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2003 at 10:26 PM

Beautiful. I can smell them when I close my eyes!

• bonvoyageur's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2003 at 2:53 PM

Xiexie Pengyou! I now realize I asked the right person about those flowers...I am not a "flower fool" myself but I love the first picture there! But how about white lilies, where do they grow them? On Kid Island?;-)

simcard

“Life is a test, life is a trust, and life is a temporary assignment.”

Badges & Stats in Guangdong Sheng

Have you been to Guangdong Sheng?

Latest Activity in Guangdong Sheng