Amsterdam Things to Do Tips by OrlandoBR
Amsterdam Things to Do: 3,579 reviews and 5,976 photos
That`s where lived the Jewish girl who wrote that famous diary during the German occupation in WWII. Apparently, that`s A`dam`s #1 tourist attraction, as the lines to get in resembled Disney World at the peak of summer, going around the block, really...
Address: Prinsengracht 263
Directions: See the neighboring Westerkerk`s tower there in the back?
Unaware of the existence of this part of town, I accidentally ran it accross on my way back to the train station, during my very short visit to AMS. Then, gradually, stories of women on display behind the windows came back to my mind and I noticed I was right there in the heart of Amsterdam`s Red Light District, surrounded by unorthodox windows, shops, bars, people, and even monuments...
Directions: All the sequence of blocks (little islands, actually) starting from the Centraal Station
Address: Prinsengracht 279
In this multi-purposed square not far from the Centraal Station, there are the Koninklijk Paleis (King`s Palace, I suppose), the Nieuwe Kerk (both seen in my picture), plus Madame Tussaud`s and a certain Nationaal Monument...
Directions: Leave the train station and go straight ahead.
Address: Stadhouderskade 42
More Reviews (9)
OrlandoBR's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "Dutch Arts and History."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 14 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
- updated a Amsterdam Travel Page "A summer afternoon in Amsterdam... and more"
- Posted in Travel Manaus Forum "RE: TIME TO TRAVEL"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A summer afternoon in Amsterdam... and more"
- Wrote a Review The Red Light District! about Red Light District - De Wallen in Amsterdam Things to Do
- Commented on one of sabsi's Amsterdam travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 75 reviews, 189 photos, 12 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 30 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 26 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 30 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 23 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lyon Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manaus Intro, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Miami Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (20)
- Rijksmuseum- 215 Reviews, 366 Photos
- Anne Frank House- 243 Reviews, 259 Photos
- Canal Boat Tours- 197 Reviews, 321 Photos
- Van Gogh Museum- 168 Reviews, 182 Photos
- Red Light District - De Wallen- 151 Reviews, 181 Photos
- Coffee (Cannabis) shops- 126 Reviews, 141 Photos
- Dam Square- 93 Reviews, 174 Photos
- Canals- 83 Reviews, 173 Photos
- Koninklijk Paleis - Royal Palace- 94 Reviews, 146 Photos
- Heineken Brewery- 97 Reviews, 136 Photos
See All Amsterdam Things to Do