"A piazzale with a view... and much more" Florence by OrlandoBR
Florence Travel Guide: 5,232 reviews and 11,786 photos
Prepare yourself for the rip off, this is one of the most expensive touristy cities in the world! I just can't avoid the cliché, it was the "cradle of the Renaissance", yes, and we must succumb to the exploitation and spend here as much time as possible. See those museums (the best in the world?) with Italian paintings, have some authentic gelato, spend lots of €€€'s at the jewellers on Ponte Vecchio, and forget the money, this is Firenze and that's what matters.
The enormous dome of Firenze is a symbol of the city, a symbol of Italy and a symbol of the Renaissance period... here`s a different angle of it.
- Pros:Too many, I don`t know where to start
- Cons:VERY expensive
As I learned, the place known as the house of Dante Alighieri, the great medieval florentine writer, is actually a... more travel advice
An accomodation tip: don't try to save money by choosing a cheap place to stay in Florence. Everything is expensive... more travel advice
OrlandoBR's Related Pages
Florence Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "FIRENZE - FLORENCE"
- "My Relationship With Firenze"
- "Firenze -Florence - Florenz - Florencia"
- "weekends in Florence"
- "Breathtaking Florence!"
- "Fourth time round....."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Florence
- Hotels in Florence
- Transportation in Florence
- Nightlife in Florence
- Restaurants in Florence
- Shopping in Florence
- Warnings and Dangers in Florence
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Florence
- 12 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Florence?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Florence
- Posted in Travel Manaus Forum "RE: TIME TO TRAVEL"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Uffizi"
- Commented on one of ExGuyParis's Florence travel pages
- Wrote a Review Dante's house - La casa di Dante about Casa Di Dante - Dante's House in Florence Things to Do
- updated a Florence Travel Page "A piazzale with a view... and much more"
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 75 reviews, 189 photos, 12 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 30 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 26 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 30 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 23 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lyon Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manaus Intro, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Miami Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue