"A piazzale with a view... and much more" Florence by OrlandoBR

Florence Travel Guide: 5,035 reviews and 11,002 photos

Prepare yourself for the rip off, this is one of the most expensive touristy cities in the world! I just can't avoid the cliché, it was the "cradle of the Renaissance", yes, and we must succumb to the exploitation and spend here as much time as possible. See those museums (the best in the world?) with Italian paintings, have some authentic gelato, spend lots of €€€'s at the jewellers on Ponte Vecchio, and forget the money, this is Firenze and that's what matters.

The enormous dome of Firenze is a symbol of the city, a symbol of Italy and a symbol of the Renaissance period... here`s a different angle of it.

...but a great city is made of more than one symbol: here`s an upclose look at our Ponte Vecchio!!

• Pros:Too many, I don`t know where to start
  • Cons:VERY expensive
  • Last visit to Florence: May 2002
  • Intro Updated Nov 21, 2002

• morgane1692's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2004 at 6:45 PM

So what, that one must drop a bucket of euros here? It is Firenze and that is indeed what counts! hehehehe!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2003 at 4:16 PM

What a wonderful scenery & lots of great pics !

• coceng's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2003 at 9:48 PM

Brings back the memory when I was in Florence...but I had to rush to Lucca..:) Nice photos..Regards.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2003 at 6:58 AM

Excellent page! It's more than ten years since I visited Florence. I always thought I would be back one day. It is a beautiful city!

• Feb 25, 2003 at 11:46 AM

Another beautiful page! Visited Florence last summer, it's really something special!!

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2002 at 4:46 PM

Informative page.

• ExGuyParis's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2002 at 4:29 PM

On all my trips to Florence, I never found the Dante museum. I'll just have to go back again. I don't think I could ever get tired of Firenze.

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2002 at 2:40 AM

Beautiful photos again, and great page about Florence! I've never been here, but I wish I did, it looks so very beautiful!!!

• xaver's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2002 at 9:49 AM

great description and photos

• Henkster's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2002 at 1:59 PM

great page! Happy birthday! :)

OrlandoBR

“Hakuna Matata”

Badges & Stats in Florence

Have you been to Florence?

Latest Activity in Florence