"OrlandoBR's new Rouen Page" Rouen by OrlandoBR

Rouen Travel Guide: 459 reviews and 1,177 photos

Inspired by some VT friends' pages, I took the train from Paris to the capital of Normandy, this beautiful town where Jeanne D'Arc was burned.

The Left and Right Banks of the city are very different: the 'Rive Gauche' suffered more damages during WW2 and today is just a normal modern town, while the 'Rive Droite' kept most of its important buildings in good conditions.

There are lots of great gothic churches here, and unlike Paris, there are many medieval wooden houses well preserved in Rouen.

(I'm still working on this page!)

• Last visit to Rouen: Jul 2002
  • Intro Written Sep 11, 2002

• arv1's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2003 at 4:00 PM

hi! your rouen page is sooo helpful i managed to do alot of my report by using your information alone!!! thanks!!!

• morgane1692's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2003 at 7:08 PM

If Paris is on the schedule for Feb, then a sidetrip back to Rouen must be, too, don't you think? thanks for the cool Aitre St Maclou memories...;-)

• Amitu's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2003 at 2:50 PM

I love rouen and your page brings back a lot of good memories. Nice pics and well-designed page. Well done.

• davequ's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2003 at 2:59 PM

I have always liked the Monets of the Cathedral, but didn't know Rouen. Thanks 2 U it will likely be my sidetrip from Paris this Sept/Oct. Great pages & thanks much for sharing.

• Lilasel's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2003 at 6:38 AM

I didn't know Rouen is so beautiful! I must visit it during my next trip in France! Thanks for sharing, Orlando!

• Feb 16, 2003 at 7:52 PM

Great tips and info about an interesting town. Thanks

• MEdelmann's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2003 at 9:09 AM

What a wonderful town... and a big regret I didn´t go there when I was in Paris... but there was also not enough time. So I will be back some day and visit Rouen too.

• ExGuyParis's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2002 at 2:28 AM

I live relatively close to Rouen, but I've never been there. This page has inspired me to make the visit.

• Porteplume's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2002 at 2:43 AM

Excellent travail ! Great photography...

• b1bob's Profile Photo