"OrlandoBR's new Rouen Page" Rouen by OrlandoBR
Rouen Travel Guide: 471 reviews and 1,169 photos
Inspired by some VT friends' pages, I took the train from Paris to the capital of Normandy, this beautiful town where Jeanne D'Arc was burned.
The Left and Right Banks of the city are very different: the 'Rive Gauche' suffered more damages during WW2 and today is just a normal modern town, while the 'Rive Droite' kept most of its important buildings in good conditions.
There are lots of great gothic churches here, and unlike Paris, there are many medieval wooden houses well preserved in Rouen.
(I'm still working on this page!)
Gothic cathedral, it was painted by Monet. Was undergoing cleaning/repairs when I went there. more travel advice
In this tiny little house adjacent to the great clock, there lives a man who takes care of the machine. He's been there... more travel advice
OrlandoBR's Related Pages
Rouen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rouen : both a modern and a medieval city."
- "Fantastic Rouen"
- "See the Flamboyant Gothic Churches"
- "ROUEN - CAPITAL OF NORMANDY"
- "My Rouen Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rouen
- Hotels in Rouen
- Transportation in Rouen
- Nightlife in Rouen
- Restaurants in Rouen
- Shopping in Rouen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rouen
- 14 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Rouen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rouen
Photos in RouenSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 75 reviews, 189 photos, 12 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 30 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 26 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 30 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 23 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lyon Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manaus Intro, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Miami Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue