"Balneario Camboriu, SC" Balneário de Camboriù by deadites

Balneário de Camboriù Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 51 photos

This is a gorgeous town, not just along the beach front, but all over. I didn't get any shots within town though.

Located 20 minutes by "Bondi" bus from Praia do Estaleiro (which is part of the Balneario Camboriu "interpraias") it's quite easy to get to and to get around. The people are extremely friendly (but most Brazilians are!)

There were so many restaurants to choose from and the food was awesome no matter where we went.

We spent an entire Day in Camboriu, and had lunch and dinner at the same restaurant along the beach (I really wish I could remember the name of it now!)

We asked the waiter how to get the bus to go back to Praia do Estaleiro; he didn't know so he went to ask the owner of this resto/hotel. He came back and said that she had no idea, and apologized profusely. So we figured, it's not that far, we'll take a taxi and could he call a taxi for us? He went away and came back 10 minutes later and said not to worry, but the owner would drive us back to Estaleiro. Now, we weren't even staying in the hotel, but ate lunch and dinner there and the owner was willing to give us a lift! In any other country I would find this suspicious, but in Brazil, people would give you the shirt off their back.

So she gave us a lift back, bought her friend along, I guess just in case we weren't to be trusted. LOL.We had so much fun there we went back the next day!

• In a nutshell:Mini-Miami of Brazil!
  • Last visit to Balneário de Camboriù: Mar 2001
  • Intro Updated Feb 9, 2004

Comments

deadites

“Groovy!”

Badges & Stats in Balneário de Camboriù

Have you been to Balneário de Camboriù?

Photos in Balneário de Camboriù