"Asti" Top 5 Page for this destination Asti by piccolina
Asti Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 125 photos
Asti is an artistic town and an important wine production centre. It deserves a visit in order to discover its ancient medieval palaces and the historical suburb. The sacred buildings are magnificent: The Cathedral, one of the most important Gothic Churches in the zone, the San Secondo Collegiate Church, the San Pietro and San Paolo Rotunda, which is a complex constituted by a XII century Palace and the San Pietro Baptistery which has a particular octagonal shape. The folklore in Asti is rich in hints and traditions which have deep roots in medieval history and rural culture. The Palio is celebrated in September, it is a rousing race in which the horses are ridden bareback and the town suburbs compete one against the other. The Douja d'Or is a tasting session and sale of the best great wines of the province. We should not forget that Asti is linked to a long wine tradition. There is, in fact, the production of two prestigious wines of controlled and guaranteed denomination: the Asti Spumante, obtained from the pressing of Moscato grapes and the Asti Moscato. Many other kind of wines from Dolcetto to Barbera can be tasted in the numerous little or big wineries of the area.
piccolina's Related Pages
Asti Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tra Langhe e Monferrato"
- "Asti spumante !"
- "Asti - Small Town, Big Towers"
- "Our visit to Asti"
- "Asti, IT"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Asti
- Hotels in Asti
- Transportation in Asti
- Nightlife in Asti
- Restaurants in Asti
- Shopping in Asti
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Asti
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Asti?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Asti
Photos in AstiSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Torino Intro, 34 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 37 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Versailles Intro, 27 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Martinique Intro, 17 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mondovì Intro, 3 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Taranto Intro, 16 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 1 review, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Siracusa Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue