"Monreale" Top 5 Page for this destination Monreale by piccolina
Monreale Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 117 photos
The city is extended along a balcony dominating the valley of Oreto. Monreale represents an exceptional and finished exemplification of the rich and composite Norman culture in Sicily.
Also without minimizing the value of the great Norman construction, which is a masterpiece of the Sicilian art and one of the most beautiful medieval monuments of Italy, it is not possible to reduce the artistic importance of Monreale only to the presence of this Duomo, unique in its gender.
Proceed about twenty meters through this courtyard to another archway which brings you to the Belvedere and its... more travel advice
piccolina's Related Pages
Monreale Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A great discovery"
- "Monreale - Cathedral City of Sicily"
- "Monreale: A Hill Town & World-Class Cathedral"
- "The jewel near Palermo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Monreale
- Hotels in Monreale
- Transportation in Monreale
- Restaurants in Monreale
- Warnings and Dangers in Monreale
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Monreale
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Monreale?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monreale
Top 10 Pages
- Torino Intro, 34 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 37 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Versailles Intro, 27 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Martinique Intro, 17 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mondovì Intro, 3 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Taranto Intro, 16 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 1 review, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Siracusa Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue