Torino Transportation Tips by piccolina
Torino Transportation: 60 reviews and 67 photos
TORINO CARD: for 48 hours you can have free travel on all urban transport and 50% reduction in the subrban transport
Free entry in 82 museums in Turin, its surroundings and in Piedmont
Free access to the panoramic lift in the Mole Antonelliana, to the boat on the river Po and to Superga tram track
Reductions from 15 to 40% on the theatre or concert tickets, bicycle hire, and much more
All this for only 14 €
You can buy the ticket at :
Piazza Castello, 161
Stazione Porta Nuova
Aeroporto di Caselle
Rail: Torino has two main rail stations: Porta Nuova and Porta Susa (TRAIN INFO: www.trenitalia.it). Both are located in the city center not very far from each other. They both assure daily (and hourly) national and international connections. Both stations are linked to Caselle airport by bus service, which runs every half-hour (main terminal at the corner of Corso Vittorio Emanuele II and Via Sacchi).
Air : Piedmont’s main airport is located at Caselle (http://www.airport.turin.it), some 15 Km NW of Torino. Most European airlines fly into Torino. Taxi (€ 25.00 to anywhere in town) and train/bus services (€ 3.50, running every half-hour) will connect you to Porta Nuova and Porta Susa train stations. There is also a regular train service linking Caselle airport to the city centre (Stazione Dora)
Buses :Buses for many national and international destinations leave from and arrive in Torino, at the corner of Corso Vittorio Emanuele II and Corso Inghilterra.
Information: SADEM, tel. 011.311.1616
Local transportation:in Torino, local transportation connects all parts of the city. Remember to buy a ticket (€ 0.70) from a tobacconist or newsagent before getting on the bus or tram. Season tickets are also available, as well as students passes.
Information is available from the information booth located in the main hall of Porta Nuova rail station.
More Reviews (32)
- See All Trattoria della posta
- See All Il Castello medioevale
- See All Olimpic Winter Games
- See All La Cremagliera
- See All Courtyard
piccolina's Related Pages
Torino Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Torino aka Turin"
- "Torino - After the Olympics"
- "Torino, 2006 Winter Olimpics"
- "Turin - The Italian Job"
- "THE FIRST ITALIAN CAPITAL"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Torino
- Hotels in Torino
- Transportation in Torino
- Nightlife in Torino
- Restaurants in Torino
- Shopping in Torino
- Warnings and Dangers in Torino
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Torino
- 34 Reviews
- 69 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 180 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Torino?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Torino
Top 10 Pages
- Torino Intro, 34 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 37 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Versailles Intro, 27 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Martinique Intro, 17 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mondovì Intro, 3 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Taranto Intro, 16 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 1 review, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Siracusa Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (83)
- Museums (Egyptian, Cinema...)- 53 Reviews, 90 Photos
- Royal residences- 28 Reviews, 53 Photos
- Mole Antonelliana- 24 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Architecture (Neo Classic and Baroque)- 38 Reviews, 82 Photos
- Sacra Sindone (Holy Shroud)- 13 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Superga- 13 Reviews, 32 Photos
- Porta Palazzo and Balon: street markets- 5 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Valentino's and other Parks- 14 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Monte dei Cappuccini- 7 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Olympics- 10 Reviews, 15 Photos
See All Torino Things to Do