"Cabana Boy's Houma Page" Houma by Cabana_Boy
Houma Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 10 photos
This place is at the bottom of the bayou...or at least near it... Located along the Gulf of Mexico in Terrebonne Parish, Houma is home to the offshore oil industry, shipbuilding and Louisiana fishermen.
I will be spending the next three weeks (Nov. 2002) of my life in Houma; so, I'll write more later about this steamy metropolis that has been characterized as Boston's lost sister city of the South.
- Pros:Fresh seafood and some of the nicest people in the world.
- Cons:I think Houma is below sea level...like New Orleans
While in Houma, you may find your choices of cusine strictly limited...that is to seafood done up Louisiana style. I... more travel advice
Cabana_Boy's Related Pages
Houma Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cabana Boy's Houma Page"
- "Basaic Houma Page"
- "houma great down home cajan cooking"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Houma
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Houma?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Houma
Photos in HoumaSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Boston Intro, 37 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 31 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- New Hampshire Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luanda Intro, 13 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Somerville Intro, 28 reviews, 27 photos
- Dallas Intro, 26 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portsmouth Intro, 19 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Canada Intro, 18 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Indianapolis Intro, 23 reviews, 20 photos