"The "Live Free or Die" State...." New Hampshire by Cabana_Boy
New Hampshire Travel Guide: 1,483 reviews and 4,329 photos
Welcome to New Hampshire, where people chose to "Live free or die." A state with one of the least oppressive tax structures in the Union, but a lot of moose. In fact, I am convinced the only people specifically singled out for taxation in this state are the "Massholes" that come flooding across the southern border in droves each weekend. Toll booths on the North and South bound lanes of Interstates I-93 and I-95 facilitate the transfer of wealth from one state to the other and keep that gold dome in Concord at its shiny best.
Since living in Boston, New Hampshire has become one of my favourite states and it has been my dream to live there ever since I moved away from the Northeast back in 2002. But where and when??? From the White Mountain Region to the little towns like Keene or down to the coast and “big” city life of Portsmouth, I’ll never be able to decide where. The “when” is another matter altogether.
- Pros:Majestic moose, wholesome beer, clear night skies, grey granite mountains & bear scat on the trails...
- Cons:Shares a border with Vermont...
Looking for a short hike and don't want to hit one of the four to five thousand foot mountains in Franconia, hike the... more travel advice
The White Mountain Region in New Hampshire contains many of the tallest peaks in New England. Most of this area was... more travel advice
Cabana_Boy's Related Pages
New Hampshire Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "NEW HAMPSHIRE ~~ a few highlights"
- "My Favorite State in the Eastern United States"
- "New England's Alter Ego"
- "Getting the whole point of New Hampshire"
- "diver-x's New Hampshire Page"
- "Spectacular New Hampshire"
- "This is my Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Hampshire
- Hotels in New Hampshire
- Transportation in New Hampshire
- Nightlife in New Hampshire
- Restaurants in New Hampshire
- Shopping in New Hampshire
- Warnings and Dangers in New Hampshire
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in New Hampshire
- 34 Reviews
- 81 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to New Hampshire?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Hampshire
Photos in New HampshireSee All Photos (81)
Top 10 Pages
- Boston Intro, 37 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 31 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- New Hampshire Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luanda Intro, 13 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Somerville Intro, 28 reviews, 27 photos
- Dallas Intro, 26 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portsmouth Intro, 19 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Canada Intro, 18 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Indianapolis Intro, 23 reviews, 20 photos
Top New Hampshire hotels
- Portsmouth Hotels
- 255 Reviews - 1271 Photos
- North Conway Hotels
- 82 Reviews - 218 Photos
- Manchester Hotels
- 66 Reviews - 107 Photos
- Nashua Hotels
- 69 Reviews - 75 Photos
- Bretton Woods Hotels
- 5 Reviews - 11 Photos
- Lincoln Hotels
- 28 Reviews - 62 Photos
- Hampton Beach Hotels
- 24 Reviews - 82 Photos
- Bartlett Hotels
- 14 Reviews - 23 Photos
- Sanbornton Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 5 Photos
- South Hampton Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- New Castle Hotels
- 5 Reviews - 11 Photos
- Laconia Hotels
- 21 Reviews - 32 Photos
- Jackson Hotels
- 6 Reviews - 9 Photos
- Whitefield Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 9 Photos
- Weirs Beach Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 3 Photos