"Welcome to..." Toronto by Todd64

Toronto Travel Guide: 4,306 reviews and 8,884 photos

The People's City

Toronto, Canada-?2003 T.Darin Paulson

Toronto; the hustling, bustling, multi-cultural metropolis of millions beckons you to come visit her for a day. Why don't you make it a week,...maybe even two, there's so much to see, experience and do!

Our City Hall, designed by Finnish architect Viljo Revell and constructed in 1965, has one of my favorite public art pieces out front: "The Archer" Bronze by British sculptor Henry Moore. In the winter, the reflecting pool/fountain out front is converted into a skating rink, and just to the side is a snack bar where you can buy probably the worst hot-dogs in the city. Gotta love T.O!

I was born in Winnipeg, then moved to Edmonton then on to Victoria but I've lived in the "Trawna" area pretty much all of my life; since 1969, and I've never looked back. I grew up in the then-safe Brady Bunch world of the North York suburbs, and when I was 12 or 13, my friends and I hopped on the Southbound subway to experience our first taste of "The Big Smoke" on our own. We learned of the forbidden world of "head shops", saw our first Hooker, tripped over our first whino, bought tons of vinyl records, and walked up and down Yonge street the entire day. What an exciting adventure it was at that age to be out on your own taking in the sights, sounds and smells' of a "foreign" place. I guess you could say that apart from the yearly family driving-excursions accross this country and down into the States, this was my first true taste of travel. My appetite for everything foreign has gotten stronger with the years, and I've done my best to satisfy it, but I'd still have to say that there's nothing quite like home; it's just so damn tasty.

Want to see Toronto "Live"? Take a peek at a Web Cam or two.

• Pros:It's not as smelly as New York
  • Cons:It's not as peaceful as Göteborg
  • In a nutshell:It's no Valhalla, but it's Home.
  • Intro Updated Feb 24, 2005

• portgrl's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2005 at 12:39 PM

Great Toronto page here! I miss the city...Greetings from Portugal

• PINKLET's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2005 at 9:25 AM

Finnish architect, well this is a sign. My friend from Toronto just asked me to visit...

• hotsauce28's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2005 at 4:50 PM

Thanks Todd, I learned alot about Toronto....ummmm....and i live here....;)

• MickeH's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2005 at 3:00 PM

Stores don't take 100's and tries to dodge the 50's? Time to issue some new 'safe' money?? :-) Also, the City Hall looks like the building in Resident Evil 2 movie. Just a thought or two. Thanks for ever amusing and helpful tips!

• Feb 27, 2005 at 1:28 PM

Just a little note that 50's are not all that acceptable in stores either...you will just have to take your chance if they will or not

• bebe2003's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2005 at 5:48 AM

I clicked on WEB CAM link but everything was black.:( why?

• 4everfun's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2005 at 4:29 PM

Great Toronto pages Todd ... I am visiting Toronto early April .. I hope it won't ne that cold ... Best wishes from California.

• dave_21's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2005 at 4:19 PM

I can't see no Todd peeing from the CN tower! Show us that picture! Awsome page otherwise!

• tpal's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2005 at 12:02 PM

Well, as you might suspect, Toronto is where Buffalonians go when we want to feel like grown up city folk. Still, it does start to feel like home. You found Yonge St. in your youth, I discovered Yorkville long before it ever thought about being chic...Tom

• buzzz's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2004 at 9:04 AM

I like your Toronto pages Todd. We had a great time there in the summer.

Todd64 Lives Here!

Todd64

“Västkusten är bäst kusten!”

Badges & Stats in Toronto

Have you been to Toronto?

Latest Activity in Toronto