"Welcome to..." Toronto by Todd64
Toronto Travel Guide: 4,305 reviews and 8,875 photos
Toronto; the hustling, bustling, multi-cultural metropolis of millions beckons you to come visit her for a day. Why don't you make it a week,...maybe even two, there's so much to see, experience and do!
Our City Hall, designed by Finnish architect Viljo Revell and constructed in 1965, has one of my favorite public art pieces out front: "The Archer" Bronze by British sculptor Henry Moore. In the winter, the reflecting pool/fountain out front is converted into a skating rink, and just to the side is a snack bar where you can buy probably the worst hot-dogs in the city. Gotta love T.O!
I was born in Winnipeg, then moved to Edmonton then on to Victoria but I've lived in the "Trawna" area pretty much all of my life; since 1969, and I've never looked back. I grew up in the then-safe Brady Bunch world of the North York suburbs, and when I was 12 or 13, my friends and I hopped on the Southbound subway to experience our first taste of "The Big Smoke" on our own. We learned of the forbidden world of "head shops", saw our first Hooker, tripped over our first whino, bought tons of vinyl records, and walked up and down Yonge street the entire day. What an exciting adventure it was at that age to be out on your own taking in the sights, sounds and smells' of a "foreign" place. I guess you could say that apart from the yearly family driving-excursions accross this country and down into the States, this was my first true taste of travel. My appetite for everything foreign has gotten stronger with the years, and I've done my best to satisfy it, but I'd still have to say that there's nothing quite like home; it's just so damn tasty.
- Pros:It's not as smelly as New York
- Cons:It's not as peaceful as Göteborg
- In a nutshell:It's no Valhalla, but it's Home.
I know, I know. You've read about Tim Horton's whilst searching the Toronto area here on VT probably as many times as... more travel advice
Harry Rosen Bloor Street is a great shop for men looking for quality mens wear, casual wear, shoes and accessories. It's... more travel advice
- See All Our International Sister Cities
- See All Wear It With Pride, Eh?
- See All Brew-brew-brewery Tour. *hic*
- See All For Creatures Of The Night
- See All Subway
Todd64's Related Pages
Toronto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Toronto - "Yours to Discover""
- "Close To Home"
- "Andre Rieu's Magic Hits Toronto"
- "TORONTO Canada"
- "Paul2001's Big T.O. Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Toronto
- Hotels in Toronto
- Transportation in Toronto
- Nightlife in Toronto
- Restaurants in Toronto
- Shopping in Toronto
- Warnings and Dangers in Toronto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Toronto
- 36 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 14 Forum posts
- 129 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Toronto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Toronto
Top 10 Pages
- Göteborg Intro, 55 reviews, 83 photos, 4 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 36 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Budapest Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Konstanz Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Stuttgart Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Freiburg im Breisgau Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Sweden Intro, 1 photo
- Hungary Intro, 1 photo
- Oslo Intro, 1 photo