"Leba - where Poland meets the Sahara" Leba by cheekykev
Leba Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 66 photos
The reason most people go to Leba is to marvel at the Sub-Saharan sand dunes. They're certainly worth the effort.
Go in spring and you can walk for miles and miles, up and down sand dunes getting on for a hundred metres in height, without seeing a soul. It's also a great place for frisbee...or for sitting down next to the almsot buried tops of trees from a buried forest, with a cup of tea from your flask !
Check the guidebook to find out where the V1 rocket launch site is - you will find it somewhere between the entrance to the park itself and the start of the main dunes.
it's worth a visit in itself, but it is also close to the place where the German Saharan units came to practise before taking on Monty in North Africa.
Even at Easter Leba is a place where you cna find a little restaurant or bar serving fresh fish and chips. The boats that provide the cod, halibut, plaice and skate, sit colourfully in the fishing harbour which lies at the heart of the town. There's no better time to catch them than in the misty morning's of early April, with their bells' muffled ringing, as they bob back and forth on the dawn tide.
cheekykev's Related Pages
Leba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "LEBA - POLISH SAHARA"
- "The Baltic Sea in October? Are you crazy?"
- "Leba - where Poland meets the Sahara"
- "Hotel Soplica - Palace"
- "Leba Sand Dunes"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Leba
- Hotels in Leba
- Transportation in Leba
- Nightlife in Leba
- Restaurants in Leba
- Shopping in Leba
- Warnings and Dangers in Leba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Leba
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Leba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Leba
Top 10 Pages
- Warsaw Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos
- Cyprus Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Prague Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Poland Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Vilnius Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Buzyska Intro, 9 photos, 2 travelogues
- Norton Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Salamis/Konstantia City-Site Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Zakopane Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Zamosc Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.