"The north side of the Tees estuary" Seaton Carew by cheekykev
Seaton Carew Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 26 photos
Seaton Carew lies on the north side of the Tees estuary - opposite the seaside town of Redcar on the southern side. Although they are very close as the crow flies, the size of the Tees estuary means a 45 minute drive between the two is required.
It's one of the places we used to go to as children - as with all such places it seems a lot smaller and a lot easier to get to as an adult.
At the southern end of the beach lies the North Gare. This is a breakwater which extends outwards into the sea from the Tees esturay. On the other side of it to Seaton you can quite often catch a glimpse of the seals which rest up on the sand and mudflats. It's also a haven for birders - at low tide you can practise identifying waders until your an expert.
South of Seaton Carew, in the Seal Sands area, there is some wonderful birdwatching adventures to be had. The place to... more travel advice
cheekykev's Related Pages
Seaton Carew Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "North Gare"
- "The north side of the Tees estuary"
- "old fashioned seaside resort"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Seaton Carew
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Seaton Carew?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seaton Carew
Photos in Seaton CarewSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Warsaw Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos
- Cyprus Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Prague Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Poland Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Vilnius Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Buzyska Intro, 9 photos, 2 travelogues
- Norton Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Salamis/Konstantia City-Site Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Zakopane Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Zamosc Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.