"I don't know why they live here... but they do." Port Charlotte by dgeorge10

Port Charlotte Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 30 photos

The family - 1996

In May 1996, I graduated from college and went down to spend the summer with my folks before starting my first "real job". I hate summers in Port Charlotte... but it was great to spend time with the family. I don't get to see them that often.

The family - 2001

The next family picture we took was when I came home after finishing my Masters. By this point I could no longer hide the fact that I am bald... so I started with the shaved head look.

3 months of just bumming around, eating my mom's cooking, and spending time with my baby sisters. It was an absolute blast!

Who do I look like?

Everyone says I look like my dad... What do you think?

Well.. whoever I look like, it's clear that I am a "perfect" mix of the two of them ;-)

My dad taught me to be sensible... my mom taught me to love life.

• Pros:Mom's home cooking!
  • Cons:It's in the middle of nowhere, and most of the time, I hate the weather.
  • In a nutshell:I'd never ever go to Port Charlotte if they didn't live there....
  • Last visit to Port Charlotte: Dec 2002
  • Intro Updated Feb 22, 2003

• Aug 12, 2003 at 7:38 PM

Checkin' back on MY very favorite VTer :-)) Talk to you soon!

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2003 at 1:05 PM

Say "Hello" to the family from all of your wacky friends at VT !!

• Apr 4, 2003 at 9:52 PM

Nice family pics. I admire Indians for preserving their culture no matter where they are. Your family is no exception. The strong Indian familiy ties are also remarkable.

• heplion's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2003 at 1:11 AM

still trying to pretend that my hair isn't going anywhere...I am sure that summers in Port Charlotte beat winters in Cleveland (my parents home!)

• Mar 3, 2003 at 12:36 PM

Your dad is the image of cool with that wraparound... your mum is a cutie.
    I hope she cooks well because in my next visit to Port Charlotte I am not going to the local Hooters... well... maybe after dinner.

• craic's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2003 at 3:21 AM

Okay. So no tips for Port Charlotte then. Unless it is to try your Mom's cooking. If at all possible.

dgeorge10

“Two roads diverged in a wood. And I - I took the one less travelled by...”

Badges & Stats in Port Charlotte

Have you been to Port Charlotte?