"This page so needs an update...." dgeorge10's Profile
I'm a wandering soul... born deep in the heart of the rubber plantations of Kerala state in south India. My family moved to Nigeria when I was a toddler and my earliest memories are of learning to ride a bicycle on the dirt roads of the sahel savanna. We emmigrated to the US several years later, I graduated from college in Hoboken (New Jersey), started working for a consulting firm, and promptly got bored. Not with where I was, mind you. It's impossible to get bored in New York City! I just wasn't thrilled about my job. So, I moved to northern California for graduate school, and then got a job travelling the world. I've been lucky enough to get posted to such wonderful cities as Kuala Lumpur, Santiago de Chile, Istanbul, Stockholm, and Tokyo.
I've just wrapped up 2 and a half great years in the birthplace of Democracy, Athens. New home - that most beautiful and romantic city of light! Yes, Paris! What adventures are in store? Can there be a better place for two newly weds to start out?
Yes, I certainly feel blessed by God to have such wonderful opportunites, and I believe that much is expected of those to whom much is given. As a traveler, I am eager to immerse myself as deeply into every place I visit as I possibly can. But, I also feel a responsibility to make a positive impact on the places and people that I meet. My life is an ever changing story and I like it that way, seeking every opportunity to write the next chapter. In the end, all I want is to meet God whenever my journey is over and to hear Him say, "Well done, good and faithful servant".
The picture above is the view you get when you step outside the house at my family's rubber plantation in Kerala.... where the journey began.
I'm finally starting to work on a few of my pages, so check 'em out if you have the time, and I hope you stop back for a visit later.
Memories of Tokyo are still fresh in my mind, and Athens is still a part of me.... What will Paris have in store?
It's the hardest question for me to answer....
Is it enough to say,
that the blood that flows in my veins is Indian?
that Africa shaped my being?
that my heart is American?
that I feel at home anywhere I can lay my head for the night?
I once was the real "last samurai", well versed in Bushido.
But I found a corner of the cyber world that's just my cup of tea.
I'm happiest on a plane, off to some far off land...
... where I can wrassle alligators, tussle with lions, and ride on the backs of hippos.
Move over Crocodile Hunter!
When I find myself in times of trouble....
...memories like this come to the rescue.
When you get the chance, to sit it out or dance....
.... I hope you dance.
Personal Pages (2)
Written Feb 19, 2003
Women to avoid - Part I
Written Feb 19, 2003
Women to avoid - Part II
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 16 Reviews
- 162 Photos
- 3 Countries
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- dgeorge10 and axeeugene are now friends.
- Commented on stonefree's profile page
- Uploaded a Photo to "NXG's first trip down under"
- updated a Sydney Travel Page "NXG's first trip down under"
- Posted in Travel Istanbul Forum "Re: First visit and a weekend in..."
updated their Profile Page "This page so needs an update...."
- Wrote a Review Magic in the summer... about Sunsets in Stockholm Favorites
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tokyo Intro, 27 photos, 4 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Boston Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- United States of America Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- California Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Stockholm Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Rome Intro, 3 photos
- Prague Intro, 3 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22149 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15552 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11940 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8354 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos