"Morocco" Morocco by Elmsaafir
Morocco Travel Guide: 10,299 reviews and 29,397 photos
In July 1999, I travelled around Morocco on an overland trip. Went with Encounter Overland (out of London), and absolutely had the best holiday of my life.
We started in Casablanca, and made a circuit of the country, stopping in Rabat, Fez, the desert near Erfoud, the Todra Gorge, did some trekking in the High Atlas Mtns, Marakesh, and finally back to Casa. The whole trip was camping or sleeping on the rooftops of hotels. We bought all of our food in the local markets, and did all the cooking ourselves. It was an incredible experience.
If you really want to get to know a country, get off of the typical tourist paths...This is such a unique way of travelling: in the back of a large, used military truck, kitted out with the necessities for long distance travel. TRY IT!
Travelogues to follow...
We spent our time in Morocco driving around in a converted British Army Bedford truck. Most of our gear was kept in the... more travel advice
Elmsaafir's Related Pages
Morocco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Me Inside You, You Inside My Morocco"
- "A wonder called Morocco"
- "Love the people and colours and sights of Morocco!"
- "A day of wandering during Ramadan 2006"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Morocco
- Hotels in Morocco
- Transportation in Morocco
- Nightlife in Morocco
- Restaurants in Morocco
- Shopping in Morocco
- Warnings and Dangers in Morocco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Morocco
- 8 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Morocco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Morocco
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Somalia Intro, 14 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Saudi Arabia Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Afghanistan Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- France Intro, 2 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos, 3 travelogues
- Jordan Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Israel Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue