"Challenger's Cobh Pages" Cobh by challenger
Cobh Travel Guide: 88 reviews and 234 photos
Cobh (pronounced: Cove), formerly known as Queenstown in honour of Queen Victoria who first sat foot on Irish soil here, was the Titanic's last port of call. Its harbour is deeper than Cork Harbour proper. As such the big cruise liners like the QE2 still stop over here.
You will also often see locals standing on the shore with their fishing rods, so if fishing is your thing, don't forget to bring your gear. If you have nothing with you, be nice to the local youths who may share a mackerel or two with you after a good day.
The main points of interest for the visitor are The Queenstown Story - located right at the railway station and one the of the best Irish Heritage Centres - Cobh Cathedral and The Titanic Bar.
- Pros:Full of maritime history.
- Cons:Small enough. Does not warrant an overnight stay.
- In a nutshell:Great day trip from Cork!
Finish your trip in the excellent Titanic Bar that is now the stuff of local legend: It is the brainchild of a guy who -... more travel advice
challenger's Related Pages
Cobh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Town With Too Many Memories"
- "Cobh, Ireland"
- "3 million irish are wrong !"
- "Lusitania, Titanic, Convicts, Emigrants..."
- "Challenger's Cobh Pages"
- "Cobh - Immigrants, The Titantic, and great people"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cobh
- Hotels in Cobh
- Transportation in Cobh
- Nightlife in Cobh
- Restaurants in Cobh
- Shopping in Cobh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cobh
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Cobh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cobh
Photos in CobhSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 12 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 21 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Algarve Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cork Intro, 15 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Duisburg Intro, 18 reviews, 15 photos
- Malta Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 12 reviews, 9 photos
- Memphis Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Los Angeles Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Michelstadt Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue