Wicklow Nightlife Tips by challenger Top 5 Page for this destination
Wicklow Nightlife: 4 reviews and 1 photos
OK, officially this famous pub is not part of Co. Wicklow, but of Co. Dublin, but it is closer to the Wicklow border than to Dublin City, so I may be forgiven to include it in this section.
This is a FUN pub and restaurant with some of the most scrumptious food you’re likely to find in Ireland. Entertainment is seven nights a week, and once inside you really don’t want to leave. It is also a favourite haunt for Dublin’s rich and famous – a helicopter pad is available at the rear – so you may be rubbing shoulders with entertainers and politicians. The one time I was there, Ronnie Drew from the Dubliners was also having a good time. Despite the glitterazzi this place is still very laid back and enjoyable. It is also full of charming old memorabilia: At one time it started out as a folk museum before becoming a public house. You really don’t want to miss it if you’re in the area, trust me.
The only downside is that it is in the middle of nowhere. The nearest B&B is 6 miles away, so you will need to either arrange a lift by taxi… or nominate a designated driver. (Poor soul!)
Dress Code: Casual
Directions: Johnnie Fox’s Pub
Theme: Live Music
More Reviews (7)
challenger's Related Pages
Wicklow Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Garden of Ireland"
- "Avoca in Wicklow"
- "Challenger's Wicklow Page"
- "Glendalough in Wicklow - Beautiful and Green"
- "RitchiS1's new Wicklow Page"
- "Wicklow Mountains"
- "kathycollins's Wicklow Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wicklow
- Hotels in Wicklow
- Transportation in Wicklow
- Nightlife in Wicklow
- Restaurants in Wicklow
- Warnings and Dangers in Wicklow
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Wicklow
- 8 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Wicklow?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wicklow
Photos in WicklowSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 12 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 21 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Algarve Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 15 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Duisburg Intro, 18 reviews, 15 photos
- Malta Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 12 reviews, 9 photos
- Memphis Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Los Angeles Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Michelstadt Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (23)
Latest Wicklow hotel reviews
- Druids Glen Marriott Hotel & Country Club
- 631 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 19, 2013
- Tinakilly Country House Hotel & Restaurant
- 222 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- BrookLodge & Wells Spa
- 450 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 13, 2013
- Lawless's Irish Country Hotel & Holiday Village
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Glenmalure Hostel
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 11, 2013
- Wicklow Head Lighthouse
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 13, 2013