"Challenger's Wicklow Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Wicklow by challenger
Wicklow Travel Guide: 81 reviews and 241 photos
When it comes to Irish countryside I would usually recommend going anywhere along the West Coast. The East Coast as a rule is not quite as beautiful and breathtaking as the South-West of Ireland. Wicklow, however, is the one exception to prove the rule. Situated just underneath Dublin it is well worth a visit, especially if you only have limited amount of time in the country and are based in the Capital. Go visit Glendalough or Sally Gap in the Wicklow Mountains, take a stroll along the beaches of sea side resorts such as a Bray or Greystones, or have a look around Powerscourt or any of the other gardens in that area.
If any of the scenery looks familiar: Bray Studios are also based in Wicklow and a lot of International productions such as BRAVEHEART or FAR AND AWAY have been shot in this area of Ireland.
The pet cemetery on the Estate: Burial Ground for a cow! more travel advice
The Powerscourt Waterfall at 125m is Ireland’s highest. Located about 5km away from the actual estate, it sure is an... more travel advice
challenger's Related Pages
Wicklow Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Garden of Ireland"
- "Avoca in Wicklow"
- "Challenger's Wicklow Page"
- "Glendalough in Wicklow - Beautiful and Green"
- "RitchiS1's new Wicklow Page"
- "Wicklow Mountains"
- "kathycollins's Wicklow Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wicklow
- Hotels in Wicklow
- Transportation in Wicklow
- Nightlife in Wicklow
- Restaurants in Wicklow
- Warnings and Dangers in Wicklow
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wicklow
- 8 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Wicklow?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wicklow
Photos in WicklowSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 12 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 21 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Algarve Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cork Intro, 15 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Duisburg Intro, 18 reviews, 15 photos
- Malta Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 12 reviews, 9 photos
- Memphis Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Los Angeles Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Michelstadt Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue