Malta Local Custom Tips by challenger
Malta Local Customs: 132 reviews and 150 photos
Like in a lot of other Mediterranean places, it is not allowed to wear shoulderless strap tops, shorts or mini skirts when visiting churches and cathedrals. If in doubt always carry an extra T-Shirt with you, though most of the churches also have some spare silk shawls at their entrances to cover the shoulders of their female visitors.
Yep, every guidebook will tell you that the currency is called Lira, but don’t be surprised when everyone but the tourists will call it a Pound.
More Reviews (13)
challenger's Related Pages
Malta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Second Home"
- "Maltese Memories"
- "Malta - my home"
- "REPUBLIC OF MALTA"
- "Maltese- Deep Down"
- "Malta - My Home from Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Malta
- Hotels in Malta
- Transportation in Malta
- Nightlife in Malta
- Restaurants in Malta
- Shopping in Malta
- Warnings and Dangers in Malta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Malta
- 28 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Malta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Malta
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 12 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 21 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Algarve Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cork Intro, 15 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Duisburg Intro, 18 reviews, 15 photos
- Malta Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 12 reviews, 9 photos
- Memphis Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Los Angeles Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Michelstadt Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue